diesel usage liters (Toyota)
Town 8,4
Highway 6,1
corporated 7,0

measured corporated 7,9 liters

B

·
0 Posts
I think given the equivalent HP and significantly greater torque, the Euro diesel will dump all over US / Jap spec I4's in real world driving performance.

Having driven neither though, that's just a hunch.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There will be box what gives 220hp and 500Nm torque.
Top speed will be 220, but 0-100 km/h will be under 7 sec.

You can speed the car from zero gear two, because torque.

JS

E

·
0 Posts
flyingn said:
Im pretty sure our 4 will do 0-60 in 9.3 like the diesel// Ill find out soon as i hook up the scan tool :)
Yes.....but the torque is in another universe with the D-Cat.....trust me. I have driven both 8)

G

·
0 Posts
ctxmetaframe

the box for 220hp and 500Nm

have you information about what it does to the engine
about diesel usage
about the lifetime of the egine and gearbox etc.....

its looks amazing but i think it wil damage the engine at the long time[/list][/code][/quote]

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worries, those readings are rumor, it can be also 200hp and 450Nm but 220 and 500Nm is posible get out from machine.

This meas no hastle whit Turbo.

All change made in injection.

it is posible to reduce diesel usage, in my 2005 RAV4 it reduced 0,5 liters 100km, power was 150hp 330Nm.

What I have now driving my RAV4 X I think it will give lots more power and in normal drive reduce diesel usage.
Bacause now injection takes lots of diesel even in slow speeding up.

Guys who greate box said there is lots of new tecnology and they will make it better than before.

So I will wait that to come out before I choose what product I will buy.

S

·
0 Posts
my biggest worry would be noise actually, not performance or consumption. Increasing fuel injection pressure makes engine a lot noisier.

We have TTE box in our Land Cruiser 120... Engine is pretty loud. In fact, I think D4D 136 is already louder than 177hp version...

D

·
0 Posts
Might be a stupid question, but is the 269HP V6 available in Europe or is that only a North American option?

S

·
0 Posts
ctxmetaframe said:
get next time tuningbox, my 2005 was working whit no problems and whit any extra noise.
it depends on the engine... all chips work the same, difference is in tunning, but the noise itself is made by injectors, so it really all depends on the car..

D

·
0 Posts
No V6 for Europe? My deepest condolences.

Seriously, I guess the insane Insurance rates and price of Gas probably had something to do with it?

Hate to think how much it would cost to Insure my Trans Am and fill up the tank every 3 days with Premium!

S

·
0 Posts
yeah, no matter how cool V6 is, resale value of it would be much worse than diesel...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have done some mesurements, whit realtime meter.
Toughness 60-100 km/h same as 36-60 mph
6- gear 16,0 sec
5- gear 11,6 sec
4- gear 7,5 sec
3- gear 6,5 sec (measured)

These are what my RAV4 X speeded. All (measured)
Toughness 60-100 km/h same as 36-60 mph
6- gear 15,0 sec
5- gear 10,1 sec
4- gear 6,4 sec
3- gear 5,7 sec

B

·
0 Posts
Davey68 said:
No V6 for Europe? My deepest condolences.

Seriously, I guess the insane Insurance rates and price of Gas probably had something to do with it?

Hate to think how much it would cost to Insure my Trans Am and fill up the tank every 3 days with Premium!
Gas is currently selling for about £1 a liter in ther UK ($1.75US / $2 CA) for 95Ron (the lowest grade available). That's about $6.60US per gallon.

So yes - the V6 wouldn't sell well and hence the popularity of diesel.

V6 / V8 / V12 petrol engines are fast becoming the preserve of the super rich.

That said, I don't think insurance is any higher back home than it is over here. Less litigation / smaller payouts = lower premiums.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts