Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone found a performance aftermarket radiator of any kind that fits in one of these things? found plenty of oem replacements but hoping for something a little more substantial once i get the 3sgte in it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had seen that one on aas, looks like its for an auto tho, i think they have a different lower hose inlet. could be wrong.

either way, if the stock rad will suffice, then groovy! mine is pretty banged up so probably drop a new one in either way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What temp do you consider optimal operating temperature? I just replaced the radiator in my '99 auto and I'm seeing 195-204 with scan gauge II via the OBD port. Not sure what "normal" should be. My Toyota truck always reads 193-195.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
What temp do you consider optimal operating temperature? I just replaced the radiator in my '99 auto and I'm seeing 195-204 with scan gauge II via the OBD port. Not sure what "normal" should be. My Toyota truck always reads 193-195.
I have the same gauge (SGII) the max I see is 201, but briefly, while going up a long hill in a hot day.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have no way of knowing the exact temp, as my factory gauge obviously doesnt have numbers on it lol. i would love to get an obd2 handheld for my rav, but my 97 doesnt have obd2 which i find strange... anyways. point is its always in the exact same place on the gauge once its warmed up, ive never seen it wander up during hard rallying in the heat, and ive never seen it dip down below that in the cold, im just wanting to make sure im not going to cook my engine once i swap the gte in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts