Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking for a good/fairly priced pet barrier for my 2017 Rav4.

It is mostly to keep our Bernese Montain dog from jumping over the seat when on family trips, or prevent any dog (we also have 2 pugs + a dog boarding business :wink) to get to the luggage compartment when we carry precious cargo I.E computer parts/screens etc....

Wich ones do you use? I have a few in mind and would like your opinions before I order one :D

Thanks all!

·
Registered
419 Posts
To keep the family doberman toe nails off the center console & prevent front leather seats from getting marked:
- cut the shoulder strap off a junk golf bag
- re-purposed into barrier & nylon straps secured, on the head rest posts
- we have a dog bed on backside of driver side rear seat
- passenger seat left alone, so converted to a 3 person vehicle now

·
Registered
25 Posts
Me Too

2017 Limited:
I have 2 Border Collie's and would like to see some suggestions also.
Any ideas on how or what to use to fill the gap between the rear and front seats when the rear seats are folded down?

Thanks
KenK

·
Registered
25 Posts
dogs

Got looking on the Net and found this: Solvit Quick Connect Adjustable Tubular Vehicle Barrier at Walmart for$44.00. I like this one as I can use it behind the second row seats or lay the seats down and move it forward to the middle of the passenger doors and give the dogs more room. This should keep the "gap" from being a problem.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hammock

I bought the Barksbar backseat hammock on amazon for $20 and it works great with my beagle. Keeps him in the back, no falling in between the seats, waterproof, and keeps the mud/fur from travelling.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has anyone found a good Dog Barrier yet? The one that was suggested by rdgrimes has too many complaints about rattles and the bars coming loose.
As we are adding another dog (total 3) we will need to lower the back seats to fit them all in.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts