Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came from our local dealer to see the 4.3 which just hit the showrooms this morning.

Basically four trims available: (US$ 1.00 = PHP 52.00)

4x4 2 tone paint --- PHP 1,820,000.00
4x4 monotone ----- PHP 1,805,000.00
4x2 2 tone paint --- PHP 1,460,000.00
4x2 monotone ----- PHP 1,445,000.00

All come in the ff:
- Euro version (no third row)
- 17" alloy wheels
- Cruise control
- Automatic transmission
- Luguage area top cover
- Cargo net
- built-in CD & tape deck radio with six speakers

4x4:
- 2.4 liter 170HP gas engine
- Leather interior with driver side power seats
- Over fender flares

4x2:
- 2.0 liter gas engine

Personal opinion:
- I know the 4.3 is a more advanced vehicle than the 4.2 but it did not have the same effect of awe and "I want this car now" effect on me compared to when I walked in the showroom to see the 4.2 five years ago.

- Very spacious inside with lots of legroom in the 2nd row.

- Comes with levers found in the cargo area that you can pull to automatically drop down the 2nd row for more cargo space (very nice feature).

- Does not come with mud flaps (very important with our tropical climate and unpredictable downpours). :(

- At this point, the 4.3 is overpriced considering that the competition only sells for only PHP 1,300,000.00++ to PHP 1,400,000.00++ (and some of these come with V6 engines like the Ford Escape, Mazda Tribute & the Suzuki Grand Vitara).

- At PHP 1.8M I have a wider choice of vehicles to choose from including V6 powered Camry's and Accords.

·
Registered
10 Posts
does it come with push start/stop button? or the standard key?

btw, im quite glad that the price of the 4.3 has gone up significantly from the 4.2, bcoz the preowned market for the 4.2 is very bad, and potential buyers are lowballing low mileage, brandnew condition units for half the price of what it was when new. CRVs r selling much better used with residuals as high as 80% compared to RAVs 60%

with such a high price increase, i am hoping that RAV 4.2s will begin to sell at better prices as pre owned units.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. Only comes with standard keys with built in remote just like the 4.2

New Toyota's in the Philippines from the Camry all the way down to the Vios have the same Head units but just comes in different finishes. In fairness to Toyota, the units sound good. I guess its just their way of saving/cutting production costs by limiting the variations.

Yes, the price comes with two tone versions but so far only monotones have been displayed.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool!

I'll be in Manila later this month. Maybe I'll check out the local dealers and have a look see.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Jon said:
Just came from our local dealer to see the 4.3 which just hit the showrooms this morning.

Basically four trims available: (US$ 1.00 = PHP 52.00)

4x4 2 tone paint --- PHP 1,820,000.00
4x4 monotone ----- PHP 1,805,000.00
4x2 2 tone paint --- PHP 1,460,000.00
4x2 monotone ----- PHP 1,445,000.00
Wow, amazing how much more it costs back in the Phil...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts