Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Phone call quality with my brand new Moto G5 in my 2017 brand new Rav4 when connected to the cars bluetooth is bad.

The cars bluetooth is giving me a lot of voice cutting out. Even when i call someone and its ringing, the ringing is not clear. It cuts out as well.

Strangely enough the other person on the line can hear me crystal clear

Any ideas?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes! Me too! I'd searched everywhere for this, but drew a blank. Interestingly my wife's S7 doesn't have a problem... I even updated the software on the head unit and that made no difference.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried also my old Samsung S4 and it has the same problem.

My brother's OnePlus3 on the other hand is clear.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you connected to a Fitbit or another BT LE device? I've got an Android Wear watch and I'm wondering if that's the issue...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have actually always my Garmin Forerunner (Bluetooth on) on my wrist. But i've had it also when i tested my brothers OnePlus3 and it was working ok.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well that rules out that possibility. Which version of Android are you on? I'm on 7.2.1

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had simlar issue last year on moto G4 in my Camry, I ended up returning phone because none of my other phones had bluetooth issues with entune. I figured I was either bad phone or compatible issue, starting to look like the latter. I think I'm going to steer clear of moto for a while. I wish by now they can standardize this stuff, some photos e will display contact pics and some will. If course my current phone won't, cheapo Blu phone so no great surprise.

Sent from my R1 PLUS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm using a Nexus which should be as standardised as possible. It's the head unit manufacturer that is more than likely not using standardised hardware, or hardware with very old BT hardware, which is probably the issue here...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts