Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Rav, XLE with the Entune Plus (Navigation, large screen, no CD slot) When I bring up the Phone screen I usually see just the two left most tabs - "Favorites" and "Recent" calls. The tabs to the right "Contacts" and "Dial Pad" are greyed out. Sometimes, they show up, but then usually disappear again. At first I thought the delay in those tabs appearing was due to the contact data being downloaded, but they don't always show up regardless of how long I wait and then, why would they disappear? I have an iPhone SE and have no other issues with phone or bluetooth connectivity. It also does not seem to be related to whether the phone is locked or not. Either way, the contact list and dial pad rarely show up on the phone screen.
Anyone out there have this, or solved this issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Some of the functions are disabled while the car is moving and will only be available when stopped.
Toyota's obsession with safety

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phone Screen Issues

Not sure that it's motion related. The "Contacts" list appears while I'm moving and then disappears while moving. Sometimes it even re-appears after a few minutes - all while moving. Not that Toyota's decisions always make sense, but it's equally distracting to touch an item on the "Recent" list as it is to touch one on the "Contacts" list. I'll keep experimenting and will demo to the dealer at my next opportunity.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phone Screen - Resolved

Thanks to Rob_G!! It is motion related. I thought for sure the contact list appeared and disappeared while in motion, but after some experimentation, it is greyed out while moving, but it appears immediately when stopped. I guess Toyota judged that touching a name on the "Recent" list is less distracting than scrolling through a contact list. So "Contacts" only show when not moving. Not sure I agree with Toyota's judgement, but at least it makes some sense. This is a great forum!!!:smile

1 - 4 of 4 Posts