Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE Premium
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was previously asked to post pics of my Prime. I was awaiting my blackout emblem kit and I did the quick and easy install for it yesterday. Given you can only see what's on the outside of the vehicle, here are the specs:
  • Model - XSE
  • Packages - Premium and Weather
  • Accessories - All-Weather Liners, Blackout Emblem Kit, Body Side Moldings, Carpet Mats, Door Edge Guards, Mud Flaps

Dramatic sunset shot:

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE Premium
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you think of the side plug in hybrid overlay? That’s the only one that doesn’t look that great, it would be better if it was more defined. But maybe it’s good in person?
My favorite color is gray so I'm fine with it. Basically I don't want chrome. I know, I know, such a 2020s thing (reference Harleys). The only stock emblems which seem like overkill are the AWD at the bottom of both rear doors. I was going to heat gun/floss them off yesterday but my wife talked me into applying the blackout emblems first then see if they still bother me. As of right now I'll likely keep the AWD emblems since they're so subtle now.

·
Registered
626 Posts
My favorite color is gray so I'm fine with it. Basically I don't want chrome. I know, I know, such a 2020s thing (reference Harleys). The only stock emblems which seem like overkill are the AWD at the bottom of both rear doors. I was going to heat gun/floss them off yesterday but my wife talked me into applying the blackout emblems first then see if they still bother me. As of right now I'll likely keep the AWD emblems since they're so subtle now.
Yea the gray/black XSE is my color choice too. Though I think I’d leave the “PRIME” on the back red.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Blizzard Pearl
17 Posts
It's mine - all mine! But you can call Cheri Wenner at West Herr Toyota in Buffalo to get one of your own.

Re: what I said above, ~8 hour drive from Chicago to Buffalo! Don't even think about ordering Supersonic Red because you'll have to get in line...
Ditto on West Herr Toyota in Buffalo. Picked up my R4P XSE there in May. I live in the Indianapolis area. Very stress free, everything done via phone/email.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was previously asked to post pics of my Prime. I was awaiting my blackout emblem kit and I did the quick and easy install for it yesterday. Given you can only see what's on the outside of the vehicle, here are the specs:
  • Model - XSE
  • Packages - Premium and Weather
  • Accessories - All-Weather Liners, Blackout Emblem Kit, Body Side Moldings, Carpet Mats, Door Edge Guards, Mud Flaps
View attachment 165640

View attachment 165641

Dramatic sunset shot:
View attachment 165642
Looks sharp. We have a RAV4 PP with options. There are only a couple things that I didn’t opt for. The body side moldings, and the first aid kit. However, the first thing I did the day after was get the paint protection on the front end, door handle cups, edge guards, lift gate sill protection and tinted front glass that matches the other side glass. Have a set of mounted studded snows on 19” 2019 Rav limited wheels. We absolutely love this RAV4PP. These picts are day one, and prior to the paint protection and tinted glass.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE Premium
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@PDXMOJO silver was my 2nd color choice and I've often wondered how it would've looked with the blackout kit. Thanks for sharing the pics because it's fantastic!

On a side note - if the "PDX" in your username stands for Portland then I'd like to vicariously live through you if you charge up your Prime and head over to Tigard to have a meximocha and a marionberry scone at Primo Espresso.

·
Registered
139 Posts
@PDXMOJO silver was my 2nd color choice and I've often wondered how it would've looked with the blackout kit. Thanks for sharing the pics because it's fantastic!

On a side note - if the "PDX" in your username stands for Portland then I'd like to vicariously live through you if you charge up your Prime and head over to Tigard to have a meximocha and a marionberry scone at Primo Espresso.
Well, first off, thanks for the compliments on the RAV4PP. We live in Portland and are only 10 blocks from Tigard. I am happy to drive over to Primo Espresso and order up the Meximocha and the Marion berry scone. I am even happy post some pictures of it here for you. Sadly I can not partake in consuming either of the delicious sounding items. I am celiac and can’t drink coffee, but my wife can. My wife is an amazing baker and makes all kinds of baked gluten free desserts so we never buy baked goods for ourselves, but she would really love a full gluten pastry and especially a Marion berry scone.
When it comes to choices of color on the Rav’s we just said any of the Prime colors would be fine. Only because last summer and into winter they were impossible to get the color of choice here on the Prime Premium with options. Then one day a serial number popped that hadn’t been allocated and we got to make a deposit for the car as it was being built. Silver was our #1 choice, and it is beautiful with the black.
I would really recommend the tinted front glass though, it’s been our choice on the last 4 new Toyotas we have bought and now we are spoiled with it.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime XSE Magnetic-Gray Metallic
38 Posts
I hadn't seen this thread before. The magnetic gray metallic looks great in those photos. I like how it reflects the environmental colors. I've had my magnetic gray metallic R4P XSE since December 29th and the skies here in the northeast have been mostly gray since then so I have yet to see mine in some really good magic hour light as yet. I am looking forward to spring and being able to give my car a good driveway wash and polish once it warms up a bit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
One more picture I took yesterday. The blue/green metal flakes in the black body pieces = fantastic! In full sun it always pleasantly surprises me.
View attachment 165756
I love that as well. All of the black on our silver and black RAV4PP are the same. The darker color is good looking and I like it. We prefer the silver for its ability to reflect the blistering hot rays of the sun here in Portland Oregon! 😂🤣

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE Premium
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would really recommend the tinted front glass though, it’s been our choice on the last 4 new Toyotas we have bought and now we are spoiled with it.
Executing my plan to sell my significant other on "just one more upgrade" even though I said the last thing was my last upgrade! I need to be more vague with my words.

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE Premium
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hadn't seen this thread before. The magnetic gray metallic looks great in those photos. I like how it reflects the environmental colors. I've had my magnetic gray metallic R4P XSE since December 29th and the skies here in the northeast have been mostly gray since then so I have yet to see mine in some really good magic hour light as yet. I am looking forward to spring and being able to give my car a good driveway wash and polish once it warms up a bit.
Northeast, eh? Head to southeast Maine because the Cliff House has "free" charging and incredible views. Excellent drive from there to the White Mountain National Forest. Get a full charge, open your pano moonroof, and settle into the sublime sights and sounds.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Executing my plan to sell my significant other on "just one more upgrade" even though I said the last thing was my last upgrade! I need to be more vague with my words.
It’s always a personal choice, however, my wife didn’t really think it was necessary on her 2018 Camry XSE loaded. That all changed when I had it done on my 2018 4Runner. When I pulled up and she couldn’t make out my face through the door glass she was sold. She laughed and said that she was tired of guys pulling along side at the traffic lights and staring at her, smiling and making gestures. Once done she absolutely loved it and now it’s her first request. She said it’s a safety thing in her mind. I just like that it’s less glare from reflected light, we can’t be clearly seen and it’s more or less just a privacy thing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts