Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove tonight. Put down a deposit. Got body side mouldings thrown in. Base limited in classic silver. One of my least favourite colours to be honest. But anything other than white and silver show every tiny scratch dent and flaw.
Kind of expected it to feel more peppy than it did. I'll need more time in it to really get a feel though and it's obviously not "broken in". If that's even a thing these days.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's hoooooome. Sad giving up my "old" 2014 xle. This thing is awesome though. Already noticing a better ride and that's going from 17" to 18" wheels. Not to mention I dropped 5 psi as soon as I got home cause they're always high from the dealer and haven't driven it again. Should be even smoother tomorrow. Much quieter inside engine running or not. Handling seems better than the 14 xle which could be attributed to the 18" wheels but with the extra 300+ pounds I expected it to be worse than the xle. Steering seems lighter in all modes though. Even sport mode seems more over assisted than in the xle. Had side mouldings and hood deflector thrown in. Gonna remove the roof rails soon. Already had them off the xle but reinstalled them so I have the parts to uninstall on the new one. Love everything except the chrome door handles. And that I can't get the home link set up.

Sorry for the rambling post. Just excited about the new hybrid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice. I picked mine up today. I traded in my 2012 Prius II for a white 2016 XLE Hybrid. So far, I'm loving it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Enjoy your newer ride. My wife hasn't complained about her RAV4 Hybrid yet.

My only gripes are really the dashboard design (hey, it's not my car anyway, lol) and Toyota not offering Car Play or Android Auto and even Entune is not made available in Canada.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting, the dash design is the reason why I'm buying the RAV4 over every other SUV. There's no massive central stack to bash into my knees.

With you on the CarPlay 100% though.
Probably irrelevant Still i must tell you after 10 years with a Prius,I was extremely tired of looking at total digital information on the dashboard. My 2016 RAV4 Hybrid has a normal instrument panel that is almost like a Lexus. Well, it is for me what I can afford. Still, I was very tired of only looking at digital information! Enjoy your new RAV4!:smile

·
Registered
846 Posts
Interesting, the dash design is the reason why I'm buying the RAV4 over every other SUV. There's no massive central stack to bash into my knees.

With you on the CarPlay 100% though.

I don't mind the instrument cluster at all and I don't have long enough legs to worry about my knees grinding against something. It's just the way the air vents, glove box and that whatchamacallit landing pad are designed making them less neat and funky. My wife doesn't seem to mind and it's her car. :)

RAV4 Hybrid:
http://d1r57ja1amoclf.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Toyota-RAV4_Hybrid-6.jpg

Lexus NX200t:
2016 Lexus NX Pictures: Dashboard | U.S. News Best Cars

Hmmm, come to think of it, it's mainly the area around the glove box.

Nissan Murano:
2014 Nissan Murano Pictures: Dashboard | U.S. News Best Cars

·
Registered
3 Posts
Probably irrelevant Still i must tell you after 10 years with a Prius,I was extremely tired of looking at total digital information on the dashboard. My 2016 RAV4 Hybrid has a normal instrument panel that is almost like a Lexus. Well, it is for me what I can afford. Still, I was very tired of only looking at digital information! Enjoy your new RAV4!:smile
I have to agree. I got a bit annoyed looking at my 2012 Prius's green gauges LOL. I felt like I was driving a 90s car or something. But I did LOVE my prius. I took it out of state numerous times, towed my trailer, we've been through the ups and downs together. I do real estate so I put in 30k miles in 1.5 years. I thought it was my forever car but once I got into the RAV4, I fell in love. Hopefully my RAV4 will treat me right:smile

·
Registered
3 Posts
:smile

I traded in my 2010 Prius in Minnesota for a 2016 XLE RAV4 Hybrid! You should have got sand black!:smile
Cool, we're in the same boat! I wanted something other than white but my girl didn't budge :serious I loved the blue, that was probably my favorite!

·
Registered
229 Posts
We have had the XLE in Blue for a few weeks now. Already got a few chips from trucks on the highway, so I think you are better off with white or silver. Our 2011 RAV 4 you do not notice chips at all and a lot easier to fix with the chip paint. Have to take a picture of both and add as my new avatar.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't mind the instrument cluster at all and I don't have long enough legs to worry about my knees grinding against something. It's just the way the air vents, glove box and that whatchamacallit landing pad are designed making them less neat and funky. My wife doesn't seem to mind and it's her car. :)

RAV4 Hybrid:
http://d1r57ja1amoclf.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Toyota-RAV4_Hybrid-6.jpg

Lexus NX200t:
2016 Lexus NX Pictures: Dashboard | U.S. News Best Cars

Hmmm, come to think of it, it's mainly the area around the glove box.

Nissan Murano:
2014 Nissan Murano Pictures: Dashboard | U.S. News Best Cars
i really like the NX. It's the RAV4 with more power, sound deadening, all auto Windows, adaptive cruise to a stop, smarter gearbox; but when I opened the door at the glossy dealer showroom I actually laughed out loud. It's SO cramped I can only imagine folks below 5'4" are comfortable in there. Oh and apparently the bizarre joystick thing that's a throwback to the 20 year old Alpine Nav it's based on, is abysmal to use in motion.

·
Registered
846 Posts
i really like the NX. It's the RAV4 with more power, sound deadening, all auto Windows, adaptive cruise to a stop, smarter gearbox; but when I opened the door at the glossy dealer showroom I actually laughed out loud. It's SO cramped I can only imagine folks below 5'4" are comfortable in there. Oh and apparently the bizarre joystick thing that's a throwback to the 20 year old Alpine Nav it's based on, is abysmal to use in motion.
Didn't know it was tweaked to have more HP and torque that the RAV4 Hybrid but here in Canada, it would have been $20k more for the NX300h (hybrid).

Didn't know it was cramped thought I am only 5'6" as I didn't bother checking the vehicle out as the equivalent hybrid with tech package is too pricey in my book (I'm not a millionaire).

I might as well use that $20k for a future Tesla or Japanese EV (not the current Leaf though).

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Didn't know it was tweaked to have more HP and torque that the RAV4 Hybrid but here in Canada, it would have been $20k more for the NX300h (hybrid).

Didn't know it was cramped thought I am only 5'6" as I didn't bother checking the vehicle out as the equivalent hybrid with tech package is too pricey in my book (I'm not a millionaire).

I might as well use that $20k for a future Tesla or Japanese EV (not the current Leaf though).
I don't think the 300h has more hp or torque. I've watched lots of reviews and it is exactly the same drivetrain. The rav hybrid actually is "faster" because it is lighter. Maybe he meant the turbo version? Or I'm totally missing something here as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts