Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Super White V6 4wd Sport is finally in my driveway. Took three freakin' weeks but I've heard of others waiting longer so I'll shut up about that. :)

I can't get over how quiet this vehicle is, both in engine and just all around noise. Very smooth, very quiet and handles pretty well for an SUV.

Now I just need to buy (in this order :D )

Mudguards
Zaino Bros polish
Rear bumber protector from Deland Toyota
3m kit clear bra (full kit)
Upgrade the poopy subwoofer (low on the priority list)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics coming shortly, cant find my camera since I moved. hahaha.

Lets see....
JBL upgrade, moonroof, dimming mirror, mats, tonneau, wheel locks, DRL.

Could have done without the DRL and mirror but when the one I wanted popped up I couldn't be choosy at that point seeing as how getting the one you want seems impossible. At least I got $2 off of 6 months of insurance for the lights..... :)

Just ordered Zaino, microfiber towels and e-bid on some mudguards, have to call for a quote in another city for the clear bra tommorow...woo hoo. This is the first NEW car I've ever bought just for myself. The wife and I have owned a few new cars but they were either ours (hers) or hers. :lol:

I deploy in Sept for 6 months so I'll enjoy this little puppy up till I fly out for the sandbox of heat and bullets.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mud guards and rear bumper protector from Deland Toyota ala Ebay on the way. :D

I almost made an ass of myself with the dealer concerning my MP3 player input. I bought a mono patch cable instead of a stereo cable and it didnt sound so good. I was going to head on down to the dealer and pitch a fit but luckily I read the cable package and went back in Radio Shack to get the right one...that would have been fun.

This SUV is no nice to drive compared to other vehicles I've owned. I'm really enjoying my purchase, now I just have to rearrange my storage unit to fit my syclone in it and give it a well deserved rest for a while till I PCS to Vegas and get a place with a two car garage.

more to come....

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Congrats, Masterblaster, nice choice, I see you're loving it already! In case you haven't noticed earlier, I'm a Zaino advocate also, been using it for years. I always wondered why everyone wants to buy my used cars :lol: Enjoy!! :cheers:

OC

P

·
0 Posts
Masterblaster said:
Mud guards and rear bumper protector from Deland Toyota ala Ebay on the way. :D .
Just installed the same from DeLand today. Heads up: be sure to check out the protector thoroughly before install. I didn't notice until after I was smoothing mine down that there was a bend/crease in the lip portion that is making a small part of the lip stick out about 3/8 inch from the bumper. So bummed. :( :x

I'll call DeLand on Monday and see what they have to say, but it was my bad to not check it out, so I'm learning to live with it. Unfortunately, now that I know it's there, it's all I see when approaching the RAV.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the heads up on the protector.

I LOVE the V6, its just a nice smooth engine. Plenty of power and quiet. I think I would have been pissed off getting the 4 banger.

Zaino and microfiber towels should be here Monday. Looks like I'll get a few coats on before my road trip to CO Springs next weekend.

I'm going to have to add some second skin sound dampener to the list for the back door. It rattles inside and air actually comes out from between the door and the interior trim. Nothing like a free air sub in a door. :) I'll probably end up using the output from the amp to patch in an external amp and a RE10 in a nice small sealed box. I'm in no hurry though. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I been busy. :D

Got the mudguards and rear bumper protector on Thursday...took about 45 minutes to install both. The mudguards went on so easy, no new holes to create or even the need to use the little clips that come with it...must have been a mid year change or something because they bolted right on. All I did on the fronts was turn the wheel all the way and was able to get to the screws easy.

Friday I drove over to Lubbock and had the clear bra installed...I'm still on the fence deciding if I made a bad decision. I know it will protect my paint so I'll just have to get over my "buyers remorse" I guess.

Yesterday was the first two coats of Zaino. I just wish it was a nice sunny day to take good pics because it was shining bright under the flourescent lights in my work bay last night.

Heres a shot from the day I brought her home.

I added pics to my album finally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts