Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My wife and I took a road trip to pick up our new to us 2017 RAV4 Hybrid limited with only 3322 miles on it. Apparently a gentleman bought it at a Boise Idaho Toyota dealership drove it for 5 months and decided he didn't like it. He went back to the Lexus side of the dealership and traded it in on a Lexus. Forgot to ask what he got. My wife and I were to excited on the deal we got on the RAV4. It was up for sale for $29,495. Total out the door price with tax, title, and doc fee $32,221.31. It came with the Advanced Technology Package and he also bought the all weather liner package and the cargo net hammock.
We live in Spokane Washington and drove down to Boise on Friday with all the paperwork in place just needing to sign. It is about 400 miles and a 7 hour drive. We thought about flying in, but decided on the road trip. Plus it gave me a chance to do a full test drive home of our new RAV4 Hybrid. A nice surprise when we got there was that the original owner also had had the dealership install a remote start system. It had not been in the description on their website or brought up by the salesman over the phone. Just a nice bonus:smile
It was a great trip home and I'm completely pleased with how well it drove. Did 75 mph most of the way and ended up averaging 31.7 MPG. The radar cruise control worked perfect as well as the auto hi-beams. We are glad to have joined the club:D

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great deal for a loaded Limited with extras. Congrats!

I am also curious on what car the previous owner traded the RAV4 for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the doc fees are just silly. It was twice as much as Washington state dealers normally charge. Just a way for them to squeeze out a few more dollars.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice deal! I'm sure you will enjoy and you saved a good chunk of cash. I'm going on almost a year with mine and all I've done is a free tire rotation. 1st oil change next month at 10k.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Congratulations. Very nice vehicle, for sure. I took my maiden trip in my RAV4H through that same area. I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Congratulations. Very good deal on a great car.

Make sure to read the manual as there are a tonne of safety andnother nice features!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
846 Posts
I think the blue exterior / cinnamon interior helped a little bit (maybe a grand or two at the most). :)

But some do prefer that combination. Toyota Hybrid Synergy is probably class leading in terms of reliability.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Congratulations! I have the same color but XLE!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations. Very good deal on a great car.

Make sure to read the manual as there are a tonne of safety andnother nice features!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thanks! Yes there is a lot to learn, but looking forward to reading up on the features.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the blue exterior / cinnamon interior helped a little bit (maybe a grand or two at the most).

But some do prefer that combination. Toyota Hybrid Synergy is probably class leading in terms of reliability.
I like the blue, but the interior is actually the all black softex, which we were looking for. Besides the MPG's the reliability was next in importance for what we wanted.?

·
Registered
846 Posts
I like the blue, but the interior is actually the all black softex, which we were looking for. Besides the MPG's the reliability was next in importance for what we wanted.?
That's even better. I'm sure some people like the cinnamon interior but my wife sure didn't. So we also went with the black softex.

Yes, that's why we went for RAVH because I knew the hybrid technology is proven.

Enjoy your new car and that was a nice deal you had gotten. Congratulations and keep safe. :)

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
That's funny! I live in Spokane Valley and we are trading my wife's 2016 Hybrid Limited in a few weeks towards a Highlander Hybrid. LOL
Just finished reading the CR review of the Highlander (non hybrid), and they continue to rate it very high. I just wish Toyota would stop increasing their size. The original Highlander was close to the size of the RAV4H now. Anyway, nice vehicle, especially as a hybrid.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My wife has a 2016 in the same color. She gets compliments on the color by strangers all the time. And no trouble finding it in a crowded parking lot!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's funny! I live in Spokane Valley and we are trading my wife's 2016 Hybrid Limited in a few weeks towards a Highlander Hybrid. LOL
Oh sure if we had just waited we could have found one closer:wink Good luck with the Highlander. If we needed the extra seating it would have been a definite choice to go with the Highlander Hybrid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My wife has a 2016 in the same color. She gets compliments on the color by strangers all the time. And no trouble finding it in a crowded parking lot!
Hadn't thought about the ability to find it easier, but good to know. After we have had it a week we really do like how the Electric Storm Blue is looking. Co-workers definitely have commented on how they like it:smile

1 - 20 of 21 Posts