Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a base in Toronto for MSRP in the snow. :evil: It was ordered a week ago.
Salesperson said I am 56th person buying new 06 Rav4 in Canada.

Something I realized today (just 5 km I drove so far).

- The driver seat level is higher than Dodge Caravan's.
- Steel rim appears like Aluminium rim because you can see through your brake pads and disk.
- Tire cover is just plain black soft printed Rav4 on it.
- Dome light is located just upside of back seat. I mean, ceiling mount DVD player is not good to be installed. Your kid's neck will be hurt.
- I can hear the muffler noise(?) from back

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flyingn said:
congrats!!!!! PICS!!! colors??
No picture yet.
Silver color, Base, 4 Cyl, 4WD

Drove 55km only now.
Engine 3,000 rpm makes 125 km/h
Maintenance schedule does not say about timing belt. Prob. Rav4 uses a timing chain.

BTW, I found only 1 eyelet for cable towing. Did you get 1 or 2 eyelets?

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
sean20202020 said:
I found a metal hook that can be screwed in front bumper.
In the owner's manual picture I think I need 2 hooks.
The 06 RAVs (along with all other Toyota's that have these "eyelets") come with ONE (1). The photo in the owner's manual is rather vague, but I'm thinking it shows TWO(2) locations... meaning that the ONE(1) hook can be used in either front bumper location.

Part of my job at the port is to REMOVE the TWO(2) factory hooks, toss ONE(1) in the recycle bin, and stow the other ONE(1) in the tool pouch in the rear cargo area. When the first 2006 RAVs were processed, I pointed out to management that the illustration in the owner's manual would lead to confusion, as it appears TWO(2) hooks are used. :roll: :?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sean : From your observations , it sounds like you bought the Rav sight unseen without a test drive :?

You didn't , did you ??

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ccaddy said:
Sean : From your observations , it sounds like you bought the RAV sight unseen without a test drive :?
You didn't , did you ??
I just saw Limited at a dealer which was sold already to someone else.
so I couldn't test drive. And I couldn't wait another week. So ended up ordering and buying. No regret tough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts