Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to post and say i'm so excited to be picking up my new sport in flint mica tomorrow.

i will be back here for advice and maybe i'll even post some photos!

i haven't had a new car in 7 years so the excitement is HUGE!

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Pre-grats! And welcome to RAV4World! Most people seem to love Flint Mica... and also lament that it's only on the Sport...

I think Toyota should have made "basic" sports car types of colors for the Sport model and let more everyday colors like Flint Mica (grey) propagate among the Base and Limited. Bright hues of yellow, blue, red, white, silver and black seem appropriate enough to me (OK, maybe not the yellow). :wink:

Hey! Just noticed that you live in Reston too! What part of town you in? I'm out behind the Tall Oaks Giant.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's a 4cyl

i decided not to wait for the 6, besides, i think i'll be just as happy with the 4 with 4wd. and i can save a few bucks.

i saw flint mica on the lot at night time and i've noticed on edmunds.com as well as another website i can't recall, that their flint mica 'chip' tends to lean towards green!

at night on the lot it was more of a dark charcoal and i decided that was much better looking than my original plan of getting classic silver (which i've always wanted but thought it was boring when i saw the flint mica)

i got all options, i believe. i did this through my credit union's auto buying service and requested the moonroof, side/curtain airbags, jbl stereo and tonneau cover. we'll see tomorrow when i go to pick it up!

going from a corolla to this will be a big change! :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
coffeejolt said:
just want to post and say i'm so excited to be picking up my new sport in flint mica tomorrow.

i will be back here for advice and maybe i'll even post some photos!

i haven't had a new car in 7 years so the excitement is HUGE!
Flint Mica :( no fair... lol
I'm tempted to write to toyota and demand for flint mica in the limited models to.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of the reasons I was interested in the Flint Mica (besides the look) is that it's only available on the Sport. That would mean it would be more unique. I love my Classic Silver, but there are so many silver vehicles around.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
flint mica !!!

favorite color by far is the flint mica, but it dosen't come in LTD!!!
I want the ltd over the sport for comfort on my long higway commute with the 17's, so now what do I do??? silver is ok, but I am sick of it........so that only leaves me with black. Has anyone seen one in black?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: flint mica !!!

Dawgboy said:
favorite color by far is the flint mica, but it dosen't come in LTD!!!
I want the ltd over the sport for comfort on my long higway commute with the 17's, so now what do I do??? silver is ok, but I am sick of it........so that only leaves me with black. Has anyone seen one in black?
hey!!! I had the same problem!! and still have the same problem. I wrote to Toyota canada. Do the same thing. Write to Toyota canada & USA. Let's get our voices heard! I think we should all start a petition to get flint mica available on the Rav4 in limited.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm lovin' it! (and i'm not talking mcdonalds)

i still need to take pictures but i wanted to say that i am LOVING my sport rav4 in flint mica.

i was so excited to pick it up last friday. the weather here in the dc area was up to about 60 degrees! i got to use the moonroof already! that's one feature i've always wanted. probably WAY overrated but i think it's cool and that's all that matters, right?

i drove my usual amount over the wknd. it poured rain on saturday. the car handled really well. i found my tonneau cover in the back and put it up on sunday when the rain stopped. i also have the net thing, not sure if i'll get much use out of that but i do like the cover to hide the few things i have back there.

i drove to the super bowl party and my friend in the back said the ride was great. he asked if i had a subwoofer. i smiled and said "yes". of course we were listening to steelers songs (here we go! here we go!).

i am still trying to find my comfort zone as far as the seatback and seat position go. i like to sit so my feet are barely touching the pedals but i find i'm extending my arms too far to the steering wheel, so i think i'll have to move up a notch.

i am really excited about the aux jack for my video ipod!!! i'm a shuffler so i find just putting it on shuffle and letting it go is fine. if i have to use the controls i'll put it on the passenger seat or set it next to the gear shift -- it's in a rubber case so it doesn't slip. also you can close the console onto the wire so that's not a big deal. i haven't charged it in the car yet so i have not experienced the noise that i've seen mentioned here.

one annoying thing is not being able to place too much in the passenger seat or it tells you to put the seatbelt on. yeah, my 12 pack of diet cherry coke needs to be belted in. i guess i'll have to get used to placing more stuff in the backseat or the way back-- probably safer that way anyhow.

i'm so pleased with it all! what i hate is coming to work and parking it and having to get out of it for 8 hours! think i'll have to find a reason to go out during lunch today! ;-)

you all are very helpful and i hope to frequent this forum for more info. i need advice on what to use to keep it looking new!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Re: i'm lovin' it! (and i'm not talking mcdonalds)

coffeejolt said:
i am still trying to find my comfort zone as far as the seatback and seat position go. i like to sit so my feet are barely touching the pedals but i find i'm extending my arms too far to the steering wheel, so i think i'll have to move up a notch.
Have you tried telescoping the wheel all the way out?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmm....

when the salesguy was showing me he said the only adjustment was up/down. does the sport also do the telescopic?

i will def. try that if that's the case!
thanks.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i'll be!
thanks you all.
i will check that out as soon as i get in the car!!!!

while i have you, what is the little sunbeam looking light on dash? is it for tire pressure? and if i'm seeing it does that mean i need air or i'm good?

(i will read my user's manual but asking questions is much fun.)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts