Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people.. Installation was very easy... I work on my own cars so it was truly a breeze. All you have to do on the front is to pop in a plastic screw grommit (supplied) in an existing hole and screw on the flap with the supplied screws. The 2 fronts took all of 10 minutes.
The two rears are a tine bit harder but in reality once you digest the instructions (which makes it *seem* harder then it actually is..) its a 20 minute job. You remove 4 existing screws and pull out the rear bumper cover which snaps off easy enough with a little finese.. This is done to give you room to use a drill to dril 2 small holes that already have dimples there (thanks Toyota!) Or you could remove the wheels to gain clerance. The you put on 2 spring clips over the 2 holes on the lip of the bumper cover you just drilled. Then snap the cover back into place and put on one screw to make it tight. The install the flap with the other 3 screws. Easy and they really fit well. Im VERY happy with them.. Here are the pics.. The black flaps realy look nice due to the fact that they match the black trim all over the truck..

·
Registered
168 Posts
oohh...looks nice! Contemplating now if I should get on mine. You think it would look good with the green? How much and where did you get them again? You have a full side picture at an angle kinda like our avatars except from the rear?

K

·
0 Posts
Very nice! Might just have to pick some up for myself. I just picked my Rav up Monday night and already had to wash it today. The sludge from the rain and snow we got on Wed really made a mess out of the back and rear 1/4 of my Rav :( At least she's all clean now, minus a few spots.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You can really appreciate how much better it looks with them when you compare it to the picture from the rear in your album. They came installed on my Silver Metallic Limited and I love them.

H

·
0 Posts
Hey Frank,
Well,alright!!! . They came out great! Did the seller on ebay
have 'em for Sport models (with the fender flares). I guess they're
slightly different than yours.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hey Frank! Glad to see you took my advise to get the flaps to protect your paint. Looks Great!

Not a big red fan but that color is kick-A$$!

Hey Ready-to-Run! The fender flares look Awesome. I'm deffinetly partial to the flares since thats what mine has. Mud flaps are still a must though....even with them you'll notice quite a bit of kick-back from the road still.

Later. M.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lolol. Its no big deal but like I said I do all the work on all our cars, so its easy. BUT if you have never used a drill and are afraid I'd take it to a private mechanic. He can't charge ya more then 1 hour labor. An honest one would charge ya 30 minutes labor.

puttputt said:
Looks great with the red, Frank. I think I might have to get them. I'm a little reluctant to put them in myself since I've never done anything remotely like that before on a car. Especially when you described pulling the bumper cover off, drilling holes... :shock:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Installed

We just had them installed. Like you, I didn't want to take any chances finding a way to botch up a 24K piece of equipment. It cost $74 at a local Toyota dealer (+ $70 for the guards which we bought at their parts store). The install cost was a ripoff but it wasn't worth it to us to go elsewhere... we just wanted to get it over with and at a toyota dealer. I bet you could get it done for $30 less elsewhere...

·
Registered
654 Posts
flyingn said:
lolol. Its no big deal but like I said I do all the work on all our cars, so its easy. BUT if you have never used a drill and are afraid I'd take it to a private mechanic. He can't charge ya more then 1 hour labor. An honest one would charge ya 30 minutes labor.
Well, I'm pretty handy with tools and can follow instructions but like Josh, not sure if I want to be doing anything to my new car or deal with it. Heck, if I can find someone to install it for $30, I'd let him do it!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts