Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Secret Weapon 2008-2009 V6 ...

Dragon Intake 2008 V6 ...

Are these intakes really for the RAV4 V6? If so, has anyone tried them or know about the brand? What's the difference between the two models? It says they fit the '08 RAV4, why not the '06-'07's? here is a link to Andys Auto Sport ... http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/2006_9999_rav_4/performance/intakes/air_intakes/weapon_r/

As many of us already know, they also make one for the 2007-2008 I4 ...

UPDATE: Pic installed in a V6 after being built by Weapon R ...

/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=8491

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mensajero said:
I guess they forgot to write: "Not simulate to the one illustrated, specific model might be different to the one shown." :roll: Or something to that matter.
According to Andy's Auto Sport website, they are two different models with two different prices.

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts
I'm not familar with them but I'm not a fan of foam air filter elements. The only intakes I have owned were made by K&N and AEM. I preferred the AEM because of the Dryflow filter.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Having the secret weapon intake installed on my 4.1 for the last 4 years, I can vouch for the company. :lol: its a great product., especially with the ram-air kit. I cant remember off the top of my head, but I measured a pretty good sized drop in intake temp with it installed.

The company itself is great and WELL known in the tuning industry, as they make an intake for almost any vehicle you can think of. They also back up their products pretty well and are very willing to help your or answer any questions they can when you call them.

There is some controversy over the foam filters... the main point being the filter material deteriorating over time and little bits of it getting sucked into the engine and clogging up hoses and such, but I've yet to have any problem with the foam. I clean it at every oil change, and it works great.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just wondering will this void any warranty? I ask because I already got a flowmaster exhaust installed back in the summer and wasn't sure to go for it for the 4cly.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Drifter said:
Having the secret weapon intake installed on my 4.1 for the last 4 years, I can vouch for the company. :lol: its a great product., especially with the ram-air kit. I cant remember off the top of my head, but I measured a pretty good sized drop in intake temp with it installed.

The company itself is great and WELL known in the tuning industry, as they make an intake for almost any vehicle you can think of. They also back up their products pretty well and are very willing to help your or answer any questions they can when you call them.

There is some controversy over the foam filters... the main point being the filter material deteriorating over time and little bits of it getting sucked into the engine and clogging up hoses and such, but I've yet to have any problem with the foam. I clean it at every oil change, and it works great.
Good feedback from an actual customer ... thanks!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
RTexasF said:
Is the foam cleaned & oiled similar to a cotton gauze filter or cleaned only?
Yes, but a little easier. Its essentially like washing out a sponge. I dont know if they are still doing it, but I got a free cleaning kit with mine from Weapon-R (I got the secret weapon intake, and they sent me the ram-air kit and filter cleaning kit for free)

IronRavMan said:
Just wondering will this void any warranty? I ask because I already got a flowmaster exhaust installed back in the summer and wasn't sure to go for it for the 4cly.
technically any aftermarket part you put on your vehicle that isnt installed at a dealer will void your warranty. The catch is that for them to do that, they HAVE to prove that the part you installed is the (or one of the) direct cause of the problem.

·
Registered
284 Posts
finally an intake for US but wat the different from 06-07 to 08 & 09 V6????

Okay i am waiting for my tax refund check once i got it I will be driving there to pick one up & install on the spot.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
rav4-007 said:

Okay i am waiting for my tax refund check once i got it I will be driving there to pick one up & install on the spot.

Actually, they would like that I bet. The guys over there are always interested in seeing the product installed to see if theres anyway to make it better. For a while when the secret weapon first came out, they were offering free stuff to people that sent in pictures of their install and any ideas that could make it fit/perform better.

with this one being so new, wouldnt be surprized if they watch you install it, or even help you. hell, who knows, might even end up on the dyno :lol:

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rav4-007 said:

Well take some pics when you get it installed! I'm intereted in it if none of the other vendors are going to create one for the V6 in the next few months.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
I'm definitely interested but since this is my wife's car, I have to make sure it works and doesn't throw any engine codes due especially from the MAF.

Personally I would love to install an AEM V2 CAI but let's see. Someone test it out on the 4.3.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just email the R & D guy over there.

I will bring my D40 for some pics I also ask for a dyNo too so we will see if he reply

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've been tempted to buy one for my I4, but is't kind of high on price?? I dunno a lot of this but.. I was especting someday a lower price or another brand.

I'm I wrong about the high price thing??

1 - 20 of 455 Posts