Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a good day with some sunshine to wash the RAV and get some pics to send to the family (I'm in MA and they are in NYC) and to post here. Check out my Album.

Loving the new ride and can't wait to test out the 4x4 in the snow we just got here in NE. Like 14" and still going strong so far...

J

·
0 Posts
Looks nice vigil. That dark blue looks sharp. Looks almost black depending on the angle and lighting.

Please let us know how it performs in a GOOD snow. I am kind of hoping for a good storm after we get ours. :lol:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jynx. That's what I love about that blue color. Almost black at night but w/ a touch of color and life in the light.

The snow finally stopped falling out here. We got a good 15-18" here.

Cleared off the RAV and locked it in 4x4 for a little roll around the parking lot to let the plow guy clear out the spot I was in. Nice to not have to gun it around the snow piles like my old fwd Oldsmobile.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Phourwheel. First new car so I splurged a bit...

4x4 Limited w/
Leather power heated seats (aftermarket port install - not factory)
Power moonroof
Side curtain airbags
Remote start and security (aftermarket port install - not factory)

The Limited comes pretty well loaded already with the better 6 disc in-dash MP3 stereo and dual zone climate control etc, etc.

Only think I wanted but didn't get was the JBL upgrade. Couldn't find the color I wanted w/ it from the factory. I wasn't going to pay them $800-$900 for the aftermarket install. At that price point i'd get a custom install w/ better equipment elsewhere away from the dealer.

E

·
0 Posts
As I am watching the Olympics, I happened to log in here and was glad to see your new RAV. I had a to make up my mind to get the Limited or Sport. The heated seats will be nice especially where you live. I like the dark blue. I also like black. Keep us posted on how it handles in deep snow.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Grats vigil! Very nice! 8)

I like the color a lot -- especially the color shifting properties depending on ambient light. But I worry how clean it'll stay -- a straight black is probably one of the hardest paint colors to keep clean and shows dirt very well -- up there with white. Also wonder how much hotter a darker car will get in the summer.

J

·
0 Posts
A dark car won't get any "hotter" in the summer than a lighter color if you invest in some window tinting and maybe some vent visors so that you can crack windows even when the forcast calls for rain.

The '06 Rav4 Limited will be my 4th black vehicle. Blah blah..."so hard to keep clean". Any one worth their salt washes their car 1x per week in the winter anyways, which is when it gets the dirtiest...so if you keep up with the status quo, no worse keeping clean than any other color...however, unlike any other light color, there is NO color...ZERO...that looks as good with a fresh coat of wax than an allllllllllllllll black. 8)

of course my opinion is biased. :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks etop. I was looking at either black or that dark blue but went with the blue. Guess it's just a personal thing and I like blue... :) Yeah - I primarily went with the limited because of the dual environmental controls. My girlfried would freeze at high noon in the Sahara so it's nice to be able to lower my temp while she can raise hers. And the heated seats are great. Keep my buns nice and toasty while the car warms up for the ride to work.

Thanks Karrock. Indeed the paint is almost color shifting. In the dusk hours before the snow started falling Saturday, after the RAV had been washed, in certian light the paint looked like it faded from straight black to dark blue to almost a glowing blue color. Pretty neat.

As for hotter in the summer, not noticably hotter. My last car was a dark marroon color and wasn't any hotter than my buddies silver car in the summer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts