Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out my album for PICS of my XM radio install. I ended up using a bracket from PANAVISE to mount it on. I had it installed using the Wirless FM Modulator that is built in the radio, which would not do in my old Titan, but it sounds great going through the JBL :D I had to hard wire through my AUX in the Titan, thus rendereing my AUX useless for other things. The one picture also shows the Homelink mirror I installed :D

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Did you screw/stick/velcro the mount onto the dashboard, or did you find a seam to wedge it into? I'm trying to find a way to mount my cell phone and PDA and it's not gonna be as convenient as the 4.2...

(With my '01, I used one of the screw points on the center console face to mount a thin metal strap -- was very surprised to find out they weren't fake!)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PANAVISE Mount wedges in the seam between the brushed metal colored plastic and the dark dash. Here is the part # 75137-806. The radio mount just screws into the PANAVISE mount. Pretty seemless and no wires hanging around :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
aww man, you beat me to it! Where did you but it from? I knew it was out but haven't found a place to get it. eBay doesn't have it yet, which is where I got my last two Panavise mounts.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Canyon River Cellular Company shows it for $20.86... Shipping for me amounted to $7.85, YMMV... The only other Google entry that listed the part number (other than Panavise) wanted $27.99 + $6.90 shipping.

Pretty pricey for a bit of bent sheet metal... :?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kestrel55 said:
cool. How is the unit powered?
It is hardwired behind the dash. I am assuming into a 12 volt lead somewhere. I had an installer do it. He did not have the PANAVISE in the store but has a supplier in town. He just drove over and picked it up while the installer was running the wire :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I paid $24.99, but the guy was able to get it local, no need for shipping :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kuj said:
aww man, you beat me to it! Where did you but it from? I knew it was out but haven't found a place to get it. eBay doesn't have it yet, which is where I got my last two Panavise mounts.
I had Stereo King in Portland do the install, he went somewhere in town to a supplier to get the Panavise, don't know where. You could call Stereo King and get his supplier though. Stereo King has a website on the net :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks sstarrx3 this mount will be perfect for my Garmin Quest.

I did not understand the instructions before it finally dawned on me that "remove the cover that includes the wheel lock switch" meant the LSD/4WD lock switch.

I removed the panel by placing some blue masking tape below the cover to avoid scratching the bottom panel and then sliding a thin pocket all-metal ruler under the panel. Using a paint can top remover I gently pried up and it come out easy as can be. It sort of eased out instead in snapping out. The top part was a little harder but it came loose with a little more prying near the top. The switch comes out with the panel but has a wire attached to it with a connector.

I just order the mounting from Canyon River and I will post pictures when I get it installed.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Canyon River's on backorder and won't get the brackets in until 4/29... *sigh!* :?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sstarx - where did you mount the satellite antenna and how is the cable run to the unit?

Cheers,
G.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Baron G said:
Sstarx - where did you mount the satellite antenna and how is the cable run to the unit?

Cheers,
G.
The antenna is mounted at the rear of the car in the center. The cable comes out around the weather strpping in the door. I did not mount it so I am not sure. I imagine it runs overhead under the skirt , making its way down behind the dash.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I cancelled my order with Canyon River because they were out of stock as noted above and ordered from a local representative. It came in 2 days but cost full retail.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can't tell any difference between it and the OEM antenna. I have to admit that I don't listen to FM radio much since I have XM. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anybody done a Sirius install? I have a Starmate Replay (pnp) that I want to hard wire and permanently install. I currently have the suction cup mount that I would love to get rid of. Additionally, I would like to run the output through the aux. for greater audio clarity.

I was thinking the sunglass holder in the headliner might be a good place to install? Anybody tried to install here? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
My Panavise mount from Canyon River showed up today -- looks like they got them sooner than expected! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts