Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking to find some pictures of aftermarket hitches people have installed, I looked at the sticky but a lot of the pics no longer post.

Also if you could type in which brand Don't have $600 to spend on Toyota brand.

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was looking to find some pictures of aftermarket hitches people have installed, I looked at the sticky but a lot of the pics no longer post.

Also if you could type in which brand. I want to find something that tucks up underneath. Don't have $600 to spend on Toyota brand.

Thanks
I'm interested in this too. I'm looking for a hitch right now and didn't know any hitches with 2" drawbar tucked up underneath.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I don't think any of them tuck high up...I have not noticed any tucked higher than any other...would be nice to have one that has the opening cut into the bumper like larger suvs do...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't think any of them tuck high up...I have not noticed any tucked higher than any other...would be nice to have one that has the opening cut into the bumper like larger suvs do...
After looking through that -extremely- long thread on hitches, I did find one brand that claims to be hidden up inside behind the rear bumper. ECOHitch. The problem is that it seems to be about twice the price of a hitch from Uhaul or Etrailer. Since it's simply a change in how the parts are cut, I don't understand why all the other hitches hang down instead.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
After looking through that -extremely- long thread on hitches, I did find one brand that claims to be hidden up inside behind the rear bumper. ECOHitch. The problem is that it seems to be about twice the price of a hitch from Uhaul or Etrailer. Since it's simply a change in how the parts are cut, I don't understand why all the other hitches hang down instead.
I looked at pics of that ecohitch and I think it looks stupid...the receiver still hangs down so what is the point...I would not waste my money on that thing...150-200 will get a good quality hitch and trailer wiring shipped to your door...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I looked at pics of that ecohitch and I think it looks stupid...the receiver still hangs down so what is the point...
ONLY the receiver hangs down. There's no big rusty bar going all the way across the back, just the part you need to use the hitch - unless you think you can make it magically go right through the back bumper cover. Really, I don't understand your comment. I also don't understand why this hitch, which seems to be built exactly the same as any of the others except for how low it hangs from the mounting, costs twice as much. Also, why don't all those other hitches hang the way this one does?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
ONLY the receiver hangs down. There's no big rusty bar going all the way across the back, just the part you need to use the hitch - unless you think you can make it magically go right through the back bumper cover. Really, I don't understand your comment. I also don't understand why this hitch, which seems to be built exactly the same as any of the others except for how low it hangs from the mounting, costs twice as much. Also, why don't all those other hitches hang the way this one does?
#1 mine does not have a big rusty black bar going across the back...i have a nice clean black bar because i keep in clean and in good repair...
#2 i would prefer it go thru the back bumper and would even pay for it...i really like the look of a molded opening around a tow hitch...
#3 my comment is that "I" think it looks stupid..."YOU" can think whatever you want"I" think it looks stupid (and yes i know it only has the receiver opening sticking down...that is what i find to look stupid)...
#4 as far as how it is built...it is not built just like the others...the receiver tube on this one hangs lower than the cross bar...on the other style hitch the receiver tube is at the same level as the cross tube (you should look at some pics)
#5 they dont all hang like that one cause they are not all made the same way...i know i would never buy one like this cause i think it looks stupid and im sure im not the only one...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts