Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's good guys, this is my first time entering the Yota community I've been a strict BMW/Lexus enthusiast for the longest but now things have changed.

Let's arrange our set ups by the following-

Brand: Vossen
Model: VSF2
Size: 22x9
Offset: 38
Comfort: 7/10

I have the XLE Premium, I do miss the ride of my 19s more but the look of these 22s makes up for it. I thought it was going to look horrible, I took a gamble buying em. But after I installed, I'm in love. Anyone who's hesitant to put 22s on their 2019 Rav4... dont be lol
20190928_180944.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
18X7.5 ENKEI PERFORMANCE J10 BLK MA LP Offset: 38mm

I wanted better (more sticky) tires for the rain and better tires weren't available in a 17" rim so I got 18".
Although a good highway cruising tire the stock Firestone Destination LE 2 weren't suited for wet stop and go traffic, the 225/60R-18 PIRELLI P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS reduce dry stopping distance by 10 feet and wet stopping distance by 33 feet. I kept the stock rims for snow tires.

The Firestone drove very sloppy, felt like I was going to trip over the front tire going around corners, bounced like crazy after a bump, the PIRELLI P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS isn't any noisier, has just as good a ride but still performs very well on corners , it made a world of difference and I'm very happy I made the switch.

Cheers,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where are they rubbing? And what would be a better offset number to eliminate the rubbing?
The rubbing is on the inner side of tire and the wheel well liner. When I test fitted it, I was barely able to fit a hand in between the tire and wheel well lining when the steering wheel was at a full lock. Hoped it was enough space, but it wasn't when I was driving, doing a full locking turn. I am pretty sure overtime as the tire tread wears down, the rubbing will do away. But I do plan on getting a replacement set maybe two years down the line.

As for better offset, anything 40 and below, I would imagine would be just fine.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Where are they rubbing? And what would be a better offset number to eliminate the rubbing?
The reason some people are having their tires rubbing is because they also have tires with a larger Dia then the stock tire , my 17" tires are the same Dia as my 19" stock tires at 29.2" they are 235/65/R17

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
The reason some people are having their tires rubbing is because they also have tires with a larger Dia then the stock tire , my 17" tires are the same Dia as my 19" stock tires at 29.2" they are 235/65/R17
Well the only reason I am rubbing is because I took a gamble on used wheels that were +45 offset. I've seen several people rubbing 245/65R17 and larger tires with a smaller offset. Now...if I had longer studs, I could have placed a 5mm spacer to fix it, but the studs are too short.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts