Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some great wheels on here that really helped me decide on my set up. Could not find much on this set up but it had everything I wanted. My main goal was to put on some beefy tires but still have the same overall weight of the wheels to retain the R4P EV distance of ~50miles.
Came across a pretty lightweight Sparco 17x8.5 wheel thats Flow Forged that looks to have come out in the last year or so? Hard to find much info or pics of this wheel, only a few Miatas have it. But the backspacing and offset was perfect with my calculations so I pulled the plug. Put only 10miles on it so far but feels and looks PERFECT. Exactly what I was going for. A bit of poke. Beefy. And 52lbs overall weight. Car still feels about the same just rides softer. But again time will tell.
Setup:
Sparco FF1 17x8.5 30 offset
19lbs
Firestone Destination AT2 245/65R17
33lbs
Car and wheels are dirty, please dont be mad at me lol I just got it home and will give it a good bath. My driveway is a bit on an angle so it might look a bit weird in pictures.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Hybrid Lunar Rock
16 Posts
Finally got my new wheels and tires on my 2021 XLE Hybrid. Discount Tire hooked it up (through the rep that posts on here). The tires were in stock but the wheels were back ordered about a month. 17x8 +35 Konig Hypergrams in grey and 245/65r17 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s. I'm a big fan of these tires, and I think with the lower weight wheels, the weight increase is pretty minimal per corner.

No mileage change report yet, but the thing feels much more planted on the road, I'm guessing from the wider contact patch. Also seems to ride smoother due to the deeper tread depth.

Pretty happy with the purchase so far, would not hesitate to use discount tire again.

View attachment 166843
Just an update on gas mileage with the new wheels and tires - on the last 1/2 tank with 90% city miles my MPG was 35.2. This may seem lowish, but when I first checked gas mileage in the first month of ownership (stock wheels/tires) it was very similar. My commute is only 4 miles each way and I have to go over a decent sized hill, which definitely affects the average. I have a long road trip planned for next week so that will be the real test. My last road trip averaged 38.5 mpg going through a lot of mountains on stock wheels/tires. I'm hoping for a 2 mpg drop at most. I will update this promptly!

·
Registered
1 Posts

(if you click on the link, the poster car is actually a Rav4 so you can get a better idea of what it would look like)

Thoughts on these? Im looking for something rugged that isnt entirely the norm. Looking to run with some wildpeaks 245/65R17

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
460 Posts
I ordered a set of wheels from a local dealer, so of course they shipped the wrong ones...sigh. I am keeping them for now, but I am not sure. I DO like the new rubber. 18X8 with 245/60/18 Falkens.

Prime
by itsed65, on Flickr

New Shoes
by itsed65, on Flickr

New Shoes Up Close
by itsed65, on Flickr
I like them. Have similar wheels with a more open spoke and just put red caliper covers on a couple of weeks ago. It seems a little crazy to me but the positive comments I have received from people on the street since I installed the covers has been amazing. I would get some comments here and there about my wheels/tires but after a set of $150 covers its like I have some special high performance car. Its just an LE Hybrid. I recommend the covers if you keep these wheels, it really changes the look on a white Rav.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

841 - 860 of 1067 Posts