Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
881 - 900 of 1067 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would appreciate some advice. I want to replace the wheels on my Prime SE with a set of 18" Enkei Raijins either 8" wide with 40 MM offset or I could do 8.5" wide with either 38 MM offset or 35 MM offset.

Any reason why I couldn't have a shop take the factory 18" 225 tires off the factory wheels and put them on the new ones (along with the TPMS sensors as well)? They're brand new with almost no miles on them so I would like to use them. Once they're due for replacement I'd go with a set of 235/60r18 tires.

Which of the 3 Enkei options should I go with (18x8x40, 18x8.5x38, or 18x8.5x35)? I'm not really clear with how those will look different from each other with the different offset amounts.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would appreciate some advice. I want to replace the wheels on my Prime SE with a set of 18" Enkei Raijins either 8" wide with 40 MM offset or I could do 8.5" wide with either 38 MM offset or 35 MM offset.

Any reason why I couldn't have a shop take the factory 18" 225 tires off the factory wheels and put them on the new ones (along with the TPMS sensors as well)? They're brand new with almost no miles on them so I would like to use them. Once they're due for replacement I'd go with a set of 235/60r18 tires.

Which of the 3 Enkei options should I go with (18x8x40, 18x8.5x38, or 18x8.5x35)? I'm not really clear with how those will look different from each other with the different offset amounts.
You can swap the tires over to the 18x8 but the 18x8.5 +35 setup will give you the most flush look. Tires might be slightly stretched on the 8.5 wheel.

·
Registered
Toyota RAV4 (5G) 2.0/173
6 Posts

I bought Monaco Pace 7,5x18/5x114,3 ET40 DIA 67,1 rims and 235/60/r18 Bridgestone Dueler h/l 33 tyres. The rims are fastened with flare nuts, for this reason original hub pin (24 mm) is too short. To solve this problem i used 15mm thick spacers with 35 mm pins made of forged aviation aluminum (6062-T6). My new ET = 25.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Black Rhino Boxer 17x8 +40 rims
Falken WIldpeak AT3W 245/65/R17 tires
McGard locking lug nuts
No lift, no spacers, hub-centric rings

View attachment 170281

The ever so slightest touching in the front inner wheel well liner due to offset, but only on full lock going up a hill, may go away as tires wear...
What did you use to black out the silver trim over the windows? Wheels & Tires look sharp!

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
460 Posts
What did you use to black out the silver trim over the windows? Wheels & Tires look sharp!
I'm not WARKELT but I did mine myself with 3M vinyl wrap I purchased on Amazon. Really easy to do the trim, just need a sharp razor knife, alcohol to clean the surface, and a 2" roll of the vinyl wrap. Plenty of U Tube videos available to watch and see some of the tricks. I was going to wrap my hood but after watching hood wrap videos decided to have a profession do it. The guys that did my hood said I did a great job on the trim, and to be honest, I really had no idea what I was doing. Took a while to do the 1st side but the 2nd side went really fast because I had some idea of what to do. Cost maybe $15 in materials. I eventually covered the trim with AutoClover window visors which is what a lot of people do. The Red Rav4 above in Post #887 has the AutoCover visors. The guys that did my hood said they would have only charged $50-$75 to do my chrome window trim. So, If you don't feel comfortable tackling it yourself its not to expensive to have done.

881 - 900 of 1067 Posts