Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
961 - 980 of 1067 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I had these wheels on my 2021 C-HR:

18 inch tires. 225/50R18

Is there any way to use these with my 2021 Limited Hybrid without the speedometer becoming inaccurate? If not, anyone know of a very similar looking wheel that is the correct size for the RAV4? I believe the stock RAV4 Hybrid uses 225/60R18.
That is about 2" shorter than stock. Your speedo will be something like 8% fast, but it won't hurt anything if you mentally compensate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After contemplating between 17s vs 19s, I think 19s would be perfect for looks with a good wide tire for some light trails while keeping it a daily. Any of you guys still getting close to stock MPG with 19x8 and 235/55/19 setup?

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
460 Posts
After contemplating between 17s vs 19s, I think 19s would be perfect for looks with a good wide tire for some light trails while keeping it a daily. Any of you guys still getting close to stock MPG with 19x8 and 235/55/19 setup?
235/55/19 setup. 19x8.5 Agree with you regarding the look, happy with mine. Rav4h 46mpg before the tire wheel upgrade. 41 mpg after. My wheels and tires are 14 lbs each heavier than stock and there is greater rolling resistance due to the tire width which you can feel when coasting. You will have a rougher ride with the 19's than the 17's. 17 x 8 on my 2014 Rav was a little smoother ride. I went for the look and am pleased with it.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts

Winter is back in Boise!
Black Rhinos and 225/65 R17 KO2s
Discount Tire set me up.

- these are way to loud on pavement. next set will be BFG Trail Terrains, which I put on my truck and have been great on forest service roads and snow so far)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
804 Posts
I don't think this fits the intent of the thread but I am going to post it anyway. These are Acura wheels I picked up cheap for winter use with my winter snow tires. The intent is less about looks and more for practicality 3 months a year but they don't look as bad as some winter steelies. I removed the Acura logo from the center cap.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't think this fits the intent of the thread but I am going to post it anyway. These are Acura wheels I picked up cheap for winter use with my winter snow tires. The intent is less about looks and more for practicality 3 months a year but they don't look as bad as some winter steelies. I removed the Acura logo from the center cap.
View attachment 175320
well if it's for 3 months....it serves it purpose, but I wouldn't go beyond that with those....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Got the new shoes on just now 😀, but my spare tire plan didn't pan out. Looking for something to match circumference to 245/65r17 that fits under the back deck. 225/65r18 works but VERY limited in options there. What are y'all using? Stock spare in trail mode for emergency?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Method Race Wheel MR502
Firestone Destination AT2 235/65 17
Stock Adventure tire and wheel is 58 lbs per corner
This set weight around 47 lbs
MPG is now 1.4 MPG more than stock, ride much better and i found it have less road noise than the stock toyo open country which impressed me. Only have around 700 miles on the new set so time will tell but over all very happy 🙌🙌

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 175668
Method Race Wheel MR502
Firestone Destination AT2 235/65 17
Stock Adventure tire and wheel is 58 lbs per corner
This set weight around 47 lbs
MPG is now 1.4 MPG more than stock, ride much better and i found it have less road noise than the stock toyo open country which impressed me. Only have around 700 miles on the new set so time will tell but over all very happy 🙌🙌
Does that grille work for the lane assist and sensors??

961 - 980 of 1067 Posts