Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Pilot PM 551 Tip for 2003 RAV4? Best exhaust tip?

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  nouse4aname 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I am just trying to find a shiny chrome tip in which I can just put it over my existing one (stock) for appearance purposes. I have a Black 2003 RAV4 S 4WD and I have been searching these forums and is the Pilot FM 551 the best one for just putting it over? Does it also take any work... I don't know much about mufflers/exhaust and I rather not change the whole thing, so I just want to go for a cosmetic appearance. Do you need to screw anything heavily or is it pretty easy and shouldn't break?

Anything else besides the Pilot FM 551? Where can I get these usually? Wal-Mart? G-I Joes? (i've seen some tips, but aren't sure if they're the one im looking for) Thanks!

#4 ·
The best I've seen is the OEM tip that Toyota had designed specifically for the RAV4 :D

Here's a direct link to it from ---> BrandSport

Enter "R4W" when requested for COUPON CODE for additional 10% off, making the final price $47. Worried about cutting 2 1/2" off your existing tailpipe? I see you are in Portland, I'm in Vancouver, WA. Let me know and I can help you with the install 8)

(I thought BrandSport offered free shipping on orders over $25. I see it's now for orders over $50. Must be the high price of FUEL :evil: . Maybe you can find something else on the BrandSport site to up your order a little :? .... or maybe they base the free shipping on your order BEFORE our 10% discount? This is something you would have to clarify with them :? )

#5 ·
Wow. That tip looks nice... so it's an official OEM Toyota, eh? I wish they just added that always to all the RAV4's! I might buy it, but probably not now... until the summer. I don't know how to install it, maybe you can come down sometime and help me? Hehe.

#6 ·
With muffler tips you get what you pay for.

A real solution is to go to a muffler shop and have a real stainless steel tip welded on.

The problem with the Pilot tip (and most others) is that even though it says "stainless steel", that only means the outside of it, and not the inside. That's where the rust problem came from, the inside was rusting out very quickly.

#7 ·
cutting??

I am confused. There are some website that says cutting not required for the Valor Toyota Exhaust tip for the RAV4. While in Brandsport it says you have to cut 2 1/2 inches off. Did anyone installed the Valor Exhaust tip without cutting their tailpipe. I dont know who to believe
Thanks for the reply

#9 ·
Kelly Smith said:
Here's a direct link to it from ---> BrandSport
Since Toyota had Valor Manufacturing Inc. manufacture the polished stainless steel exhaust tip specifically for the RAV4, you are assured a perfect fit that will meld with your Toyota’s burly good looks
:lol:
I don't know, I like the RAV. But when I look at one I'm not thinking "GRRRR".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.