Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Pin Stripe

456 8
Just got my car a week ago and noticed a pin stripe on it which I didn’t pay for or want. What’s up with that?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE PP
1,120 Posts
Probably a dealer add-on hoping they could con someone to pay for it.

This happened to my sister. They tried to make her pay for the strips, she refused, then they said she could have them for free. But she hated them so much and made them take them off before signing any paper anyway.

Pin stripes look really out of date on today's cars. The sides of the vehicles already have many character lines. Back in the 80's 90's when they did not have the tech to implement the lines and creases on metal panels, they might look good to break up the boring flatness. One modem cars they just look too busy.

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD
896 Posts
Can you post a pic? I have a Blueprint R4P maybe I can sneak a pinstripe on it without my wife noticing, seriously. I've put pinstripes on two of my vehicles in the last few years.
Here ya go, I made this thread in the past about my pinstripes. I've since spoken to the dealer and was told it would be a port installed option, however nowhere on the window sticker or in my Toyota app's vehicle specs page show it as a line item.

Other Rav4s on the lot had them too, they had a Sonic Red Prime SE that had an identical pin stripe as mine, it was just all white instead of the black and silver like mine.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,958 Posts
Just got my car a week ago and noticed a pin stripe on it which I didn’t pay for or want. What’s up with that?
There is no "factory" pin stripe, only the body side graphic: PT7474221102 - Black Lower Body Graphics - Genuine Toyota Accessory

What you have is probably dealer or distributor installed after market (non-Toyota). The other thread cited looks suspiciously like these: Violassi Striping Company - TOYOTA RAV4 name & logo emblem vinyl decal pinstripe stripe kits

1 - 9 of 9 Posts