Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Would you put a pin stripe on your 2006 RAV4?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone considered putting a pin stripe on their 2006 RAV? And if so where would you put it?

flyingn since you have the same colors I ordered how about putting on a thin tan stripe from the point of the front headlight lens to the point of the rear lens. :lol: Then I'll know if I'll like it for mine! :D

R

·
0 Posts
Janos said:
Has anyone considered putting a pin stripe on their 2006 RAV? And if so where would you put it?

flyingn since you have the same colors I ordered how about putting on a thin tan stripe from the point of the front headlight lens to the point of the rear lens. :lol: Then I'll know if I'll like it for mine! :D
Mine came already pinstriped. Check out my album.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks RAVishing

I think you just made up my mind....... I really like it. How far down would you say that is on your door from the sill?....... 2 inches?

R

·
0 Posts
Janos said:
Thanks RAVishing

I think you just made up my mind....... I really like it. How far down would you say that is on your door from the sill?....... 2 inches?
Sorry it took so long getting back with you.

I went and measured it...it sort of changes because the windows change. The front starts at around 2 1/4"...and, by time you get to the back window...it is 2 3/4". If you look closely at mine...you can see the starting and ending point. HTH!

D

·
0 Posts
I have a 2006 Super White model (3 days old).
I will probably put a silver/gray pin stripe on it to match the alloy wheel color.

I had a white Accord with silver/gray wheels that I put the same color on, and it looked good.

I am also considering Super White body side molding.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What Color Pin Stripe for a Pacific Blue?

I'm thinking of putting a pin stripe on my Pacific Blue RAV4. I don't have the best "eye" when it comes to color coordinating, as my wife will attest to. I just don't think white or black striping will do the PB justice. Are there any artists, people with good taste, or a fellow PB owner that can recommend a good pin stripe color? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
pharmerphil, the pinstrip color depends on what you have on your car, like chrome or black step bars, bull bars, roof rack, etc. If your car doesn't have any accessories like that, i would think that maybe silver looks good on blue, especially cuz your rims are silver, me thinks. :p Why not post a few pics of your rav in your album? :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
garfieldgurl, Thanks for the suggestion about silver striping. I'm sorry to say that I'm a rank amateur with computers and lack the know how to post photos at this site. My RAV4 is now 2 wks. old and it is a Base, V-6, AWD, black roof rack, black door handles and mirrors. It does have the silver 17 inch steel wheels which come standard with the V-6 in the Base level. No other major options that you mentioned. I have installed factory mud guards, WeatherTech window visors (lt. smoke color), and factory side moldings, from McGeorge, which are factory matched PB color. I would like to have "real" pin striping painted on my RAV4 but living in a very rural area of Tn. I haven't been able to locate such a painter. Thanks again for your reply.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Our LTD is striped and monogrammed

garfieldgurl said:
pharmerphil, the pinstrip color depends on what you have on your car, like chrome or black step bars, bull bars, roof rack, etc. If your car doesn't have any accessories like that, i would think that maybe silver looks good on blue, especially cuz your rims are silver, me thinks. :p Why not post a few pics of your rav in your album? :)
The updated pictures are in my album.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Re: Our LTD is striped and monogrammed

I like it. nice job.. :)

luigi524td said:
garfieldgurl said:
The updated pictures are in my album.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
BB said:
No wonder I can't find online.

It's very nice. Thanks for your reply.

Regards
BB
No problem - you should have plenty of automotive "artists" in Singapore ... hunt one down and then take some pictures or their work. :thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts