Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in November I had a technician at my dealership do the timing belt and water pump for me on my Rav. Ran fine afterwards, however a month later I was getting light pinging under throttle and it felt sluggish.

A couple weeks later the car would randomly jerk during warmup and idle would fluctuate at a stop. CEL came on shortly after and it was pulling a P0300 code along with a P0301-P0304, misfire at all cylinders. After looking over it an hour of two each Sunday I finally figured it out. The crank position sensor bolt was loose, causing play in the sensor itself. When that happens it can advance/retard timing, add or pull fuel and cause misfires.

After tighting the bolt and clearing the codes the car runs strong and pulls hard. So glad to have gotten it figured out before I just kept throwing parts at it hoping it would get better.

Another update while I'm at it, next week I'll be installing my custom TRD steering wheel and shift knob. New thread coming soon.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Glad you got it sorted so easily. Lucky you know what you're doing. However it doesn't say much for dealer workmanship.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work there and had it done as a favor. That was the only issue, everything else was good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts