Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently got a Pioneer AVH-X3800DAB to replace my old radio since Norway is set to remove FM radio and replace it with DAB.

When I try to fit the new stereo it seems to be about 1cm too tall, so it doesn't seem to fit at all?
Is the RAV4 2001 not 2DIM; but smaller?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Friendly Regards,
Nico

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just ordered the same head unit, but have not yet recived it. I did not know this was a problem? Did you get it to fit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ordered the same head unit, but have not yet recived it. I did not know this was a problem? Did you get it to fit?
Yeah I had to screw out the outer frame, after I did that it fit like a glove.

The actual unit isn't that great though, the UI sucks hard.

And the only map option through the phone is some sucky third party map app that costs a lot. No Google maps :(

I often have to replug my phone cable to get spotify to work, the physical buttons doesn't change channels on the radio so you have to use the touch screen buttons.

Lots of irks, not that happy about it considering the price.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thank you for the info. Im not using it for navigation, but the seller from pioneer told me it supports android auto and I could use google maps without any problmes!? but I need to have android version 5.0 ( lollipop ) or higher for this to work. Do you have android or apple?

But the spotify I\ m thinking of using, so that didnt sound so good if that dont work :(

What is the UI ?

I got a special deal through my work and I paid 2740,- for the unit. So maby because of these "bugs" they sell them out at lower prices?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts