1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
432 Posts
So what is the difference between this set and any other set of ground wires? I've got mine installed and would say I saw about the same amount of increase in performance.

Mine was just a set off of ebay. All copper wire construction. Same type of connectors. Just wondering dude.

BTW, how's the RAV running with the MSD?

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Pivot Ground kit came in a neat blue box with all of its instructions in Japanese. So I went to their web site and downloaded a PDF in English. One thing that it said. Keep the wires the shortest possible. To also, connect TWO wires to the intake manifold, with one wire. The second wire to be connected to the ground screw of the alternator. Next one to the earth screw of the distributor. One to the earth body. One to the firewall.

Also, the wire I use to have were a little thicker. This is a little thin. It brings an earth terminal with three wholes. But it has five connections. The two corner wholes can use one wire on the top, and one on the bottom. In other words you can stack two wholes. I'll install them tomorrow and I'll let you know. :wink:

Regarding the MSD, it revs the engine faster. Slightly more torque in third gear. I gave it a run with the Tri-Phase button. It gets more gas, and with a lot of spark. It gets scary as you stretch the gears. Hitting 5,000 on each shift. Well, today I went past this dude. He looked at me like “What the F&^*?” It screeched in third gear, and the clutch has 60,000 on it :roll: . It moves man. But I really think that I will have to lower it more. Also install the Stainless Steel Brake lines. I need the stopping power also. That will happen Saturday, the 16th.

Well, now you know the bunch of parts that I had stached in my garage waiting to be installed. I just didn't have the time to install them. Let me tell you, I still have the turbo kit in my classroom. :roll: Don't make me get into that.

Later
:wink:

R

·
0 Posts
isn't this the same thing derek made and installed. i also took dereks plan and installed my own 4 gauge ground wires.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yes, it is the same concept. The ones that I have installed are truly custom made and are the shortest wires possible from connection point to connection point. :D It appears the PIVOT wires are of the hub variety and the ones that I have made are daisy chained together. I am certain that they perform similarly though.

The PDF instructions for my ground wires are located somewhere on this website.

p.s. Mensagero, I see that you are going for the "U.S.A." theme in your engine compartment (red, white, blue). Is this to match your red, white, and blue exhaust system? :lol: just kiddin'!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts