Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not in a hurry to purchase anything really soon, but I'm doing my research now. I'm very interested in the new RAV4 but I'm curious about a few things.

1. For those who do mainly city driving what is the real world gas mileage difference between the I4 and V6? We don't have the option of a I4 Sport model in Canada, but importing from the US may be an option.

2. How is the 06 RAV4's performance in the snow? They switched to electronic AWD from permanent 4wd I'm guessing for efficiency and gas mileage but I'm curious how well the RAV4 does in the snow. My friend has a Pilot and hasn't been quite disappointed with it in the snow.

3. I hear rumours about Bluetooth option in the future, something I'm definitely interested in. Are there any other rumoured options? Maybe a CVT auto? :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. there will be some difference for sure, however keep in mind that this V6, despite the power, is very fuel efficient for an v6.
2. people actually said it is excellent. I was personally suprised. But actual system is a lot more advanced than before.
3. cvt is very doubtful, 5 speed AT is said to be pretty nice with V6. Car and Driver loved it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spwolfx said:
1. there will be some difference for sure, however keep in mind that this V6, despite the power, is very fuel efficient for an v6.
2. people actually said it is excellent. I was personally suprised. But actual system is a lot more advanced than before.
3. cvt is very doubtful, 5 speed AT is said to be pretty nice with V6. Car and Driver loved it.
Hmmm, think I'll take the I4 for a test drive tomorrow. The manufacturer estimated mileage is quite negligible considering the 6 has another 100hp... I'm just concerned what the real world mileage is.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I said same thing a while back. Real world city driving is gonna be more of a difference they most think. Ours is mostly city driving too and the 4 has nettted between 18 and 22 mpg in the city. Its not broken in yet tho. Its only had 3 tanks of gas so far. Drive the 4. You will be surprised..

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
badkarma said:
I'm not in a hurry to purchase anything really soon, but I'm doing my research now. I'm very interested in the new RAV4 but I'm curious about a few things.

1. For those who do mainly city driving what is the real world gas mileage difference between the I4 and V6? We don't have the option of a I4 Sport model in Canada, but importing from the US may be an option.

2. How is the 06 RAV4's performance in the snow? They switched to electronic AWD from permanent 4wd I'm guessing for efficiency and gas mileage but I'm curious how well the RAV4 does in the snow. My friend has a Pilot and hasn't been quite disappointed with it in the snow.

1. The worst city mileage you'll get with the I4 is in the upper teens. My sport only has 160 miles on it, but on a recent trip I got
slightlly over 25 mpg (75% highway 25% city) . When the engine breaks in, I'm sure that will go up a bit as well. I would imagine the worst city mileage you'll get with the V6 would be in the lowest teens (maybe 14 mpg). The edmunds.com review got an all around average of 19 with the V6.

2. I took mine into 7" snow in the open fields around my house
a day after I got it. It really surprised me. Never got stuck once
without using the 4WD LOCK switch. The transfer of power from the front to rear axle is seamless. Almost unnoticeable.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW: Tire replacement will be a major purchase with those oddball tires on the Sport version. Vey limited selection on tirerack and all $150 + for each. Id prefere the 17 inchers.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the Sport strickly for looks and handling. I don't consider other cost such as replacing the tires when needed. In 3 years when tires are replaced, a lot can happen. I have gotten over 25 mpg average. I loved all my Ravs and this one is no exception. In my opinion, the Sport is the best looking of them all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts