Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a flash drive that I have used in my previous 2013 RAV4 XLE (Display Audio) and am attempting to use in my 2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited (Entune Premium Audio).

The drive is formatted FAT32 and contains 8 folders. The folder are not organized in any special way, I use them only to avoid going over the limit of how many files can be in any one folder.

In my previous RAV4, the files just played sequentially; as I would like. However, in my 2017, it now spots the first file, and then plays all songs by that artist (wherever they are on the drive) and keeps circling through songs by that artist. It never moves on to the next song or a different artist.

Is there a setting that will allow me to just play the songs sequentially, as they appear on the drive?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I will need to double check, but IIRC I believe I used the sort by title rather than artist to get mine to play the entire drive. I have all my songs in a single folder as well, but still when sorted by artist it would not move to play all songs on mine for some reason.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
There's no limit on the number of files in the root of the drive, other than the 9999 over-all limit. So there's no need for any folders.
Once the system has been able to fully index all the files, you'll get the file numbers displayed on the screen. Press browse, then songs and you should be where you want. Sounds like you have it in album or artist mode. It remembers this setting across power cycles, but it won't resume that type playback till it has done a quick index after startup. How long that takes depends on the number of files. I have about 7000 in the root of the drive and it takes 20 min for the initial index, then about 3 min for the quick index at each startup.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...Sounds like you have it in album or artist mode...
That was it. I pressed Browse and then selected the SONG tab. It started playing the songs sequentially as I had wanted.

Thanks for the quick responses.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
16-17 Entune does not recognize folders. Yes it sucks. No solution.
Yeah. Interesting that their supposed "High End" Entune system doesn't recognize them, but the "low end" Display Audio system in my 2013 RAV4 did.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Also you m may run to another issuie:
When you play mp3 from USB and turn off your car, then turn it back off, the music will play only 1 song and loop. It will not skip to next track.
You will have to manually stop the music and press play again.
Firmware suppose to help with this issue, but mine still looping the same song.
What software version do you have? (Settings, Update...)

·
Registered
60 Posts
This issue was fixed from last firmware update on dec. But it only work with Artist and Album. If I select Genre and turn off the engine, it will still have same problem.

Also you m may run to another issuie:
When you play mp3 from USB and turn off your car, then turn it back off, the music will play only 1 song and loop. It will not skip to next track.
You will have to manually stop the music and press play again.
Firmware suppose to help with this issue, but mine still looping the same song.
What software version do you have? (Settings, Update...)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know this is probably a dead end but until now no one found any solution or knows about any firmware upgrade in order to have the player with a Folder tab instead of the artists / Álbuns / Other/ unuseful indexing modes?

If you do several folders with several types of music, each one for each mood, it's really a pain unless you know how to beat the system. The problema is that the smart system detects the álbum name on the song metadata… so I think.

Pleeeaaseeee!!!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I know this is probably a dead end but until now no one found any solution or knows about any firmware upgrade in order to have the player with a Folder tab instead of the artists / Álbuns / Other/ unuseful indexing modes?

If you do several folders with several types of music, each one for each mood, it's really a pain unless you know how to beat the system. The problema is that the smart system detects the álbum name on the song metadata… so I think.

Pleeeaaseeee!!!
You'd need to modify your tags and have all those files be part of one "album". You could do the same with "album artist", and so forth. Mass tag updating is pretty easy with MP3Tag.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You can use plain Windows explorer as well, to modify the "album name" of each song, and i think you can do it by bulk.

Say, one folder has all your "Driving" or "RoadTrip" songs... just go to that folder,..press Ctrl-A, and then rename one song's album name (to "Driving") and all the other songs will have the same album name.

(If you don't see "album name", i think you'll just have to right click on the bar where it says, file name, date, etc... and select "columns" or something.... so it will show you the album name)

Once you're done..all songs in the same album now show up as one set in Entune.

Since entune has ABC, DEF, etc on the screen on selection, I have my album names set up as "DCAR SONGS" or "DFAVORITES"...so if i press "D"...they pop up at the first click. (Had i named the album "Favorites"..that would mean i have to press the DEF button thrice to get to "F".)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi rdgrimes

Again many thanks for your Help here.

Yesterday it was a bank holiday in Portugal so I had time to play with MP3TAG and in fact I found that my system is taking the ARTIST Tag as indexer for the Album TAB. The problema was that the DBPowerAmp software put's, on this TAG, the name of the artist and other artists that plays on that track or, in case of a compilation, the name of each artist of each song. For the system I have this is a nightmare since for a 3 CD compilation, each track will create an ARTIST entry.

For me the ARTIST is the Root Folder for my Music, then Album then songs. There are ALBUNS that I never remember the name, just the artist.
I have swapped the info fron the ALBUMARTIST with the ARTIST and half of the problem was solved.
For my "mood compilations" I followed your suggestion: create an álbum with the name of the mood and assign each song to the respesctive "mood" :) This, of course, on the pen.
2nd part of the problem solved :)

Now, much happier I am :)

Also I noticed that the OTHER Tab on my system, that seems to point to the GENRE, is not working properlly because it only appears ROCK and I have the GENRE Tag automatically filled by the DBPowerAmp tools from online databases, minimally correct.
In Europe we don't use the Entune but the TOUCH (mine is the "TOUCH 2 and GO" with TomTom GPS and no Voice recognition) so probably the TAB's may be diferent. Do you also have the "OTHER" Tab on the HUI?

Best regards

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi prechierav

Thank you too for your Help here.

I'll have a look to the Windows Explorer for this job. The MP3TAG is very complete tool for the job but it still imposes a slight learning curve.

For the "mood" compilations the Explorer may work easily.

Best regards

Gonçalo

·
Registered
644 Posts

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts