Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been around this RAV4 twice with the cheap local replacement pads and have not liked them one bit.

I'd like to replace the pads all the way around with OEM pads like when new. Do not want to step into the dealership again in my life.

Can someone suggest a good ebay or etc source for OEM pads that are actually OEM pads?

Anything else I should get along with the pads? Discs are in decent shape still.
TIA

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I replaced my rear brakes (pads and rotor) with Maxbrakes. They also sell through Amazon and Ebay but I got mine through their website. I got the Elite XDS (slotted and cross drill) with M1 Supreme Ceramic pads. This is their best pad and rotor from Maxbrakes. The rotor is made from G3500 iron and are rust/corrosion resistant. The M1 pads are premium ceramics and are quiet. The car stops much better and grip has improved just on the rear alone. The M1 pads (only those ones but not other pad models) come with 2 sets of hardware kit. There is a spare hardware kit after doing a brake job. You can buy just the pads alone but it is almost free buying with the rotors. I have the rotor and pads now for half a year and they still work perfectly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced my rear brakes (pads and rotor) with Maxbrakes. They also sell through Amazon and Ebay but I got mine through their website. I got the Elite XDS (slotted and cross drill) with M1 Supreme Ceramic pads. This is their best pad and rotor from Maxbrakes. The rotor is made from G3500 iron and are rust/corrosion resistant. The M1 pads are premium ceramics and are quiet. The car stops much better and grip has improved just on the rear alone. The M1 pads (only those ones but not other pad models) come with 2 sets of hardware kit. There is a spare hardware kit after doing a brake job. You can buy just the pads alone but it is almost free buying with the rotors. I have the rotor and pads now for half a year and they still work perfectly.
Thanks. What was the cost for everything, do you recall?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Thanks. What was the cost for everything, do you recall?
It cost me $122.57 + $15.14 tax = $131 CAD with taxes and shipping to Canada.They are located in Markham Ontario so shipping was free in my case. They may have a warehouse in the US but they sell a lot of brake parts. Some item maybe out of stock so you may have to wait to get it from Taiwan. I waited just over 2 weeks for brake parts that were back ordered. The prices are very reasonable and I chose the best one since they are not that expensive compared to plain rotors.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Then I would suggest you look into the coated ones then.

Check Rockauto to see what's available for your Rav and then search for the best price available.

• If you go with Rick auto there's always a 5% code avalible .just search Google.
BTW ADVICS are the OEM brake pad maker for the RAV4.

Some people say akebono brake pads stop better.

You can do research reviews for each brand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am a fan of the Raybestos element 3 pads. Have used them on Tundras, Highlanders, and a Lexus ES.
Coated rotors as well from Rock Auto. The Raybestos rotors are pre milled so you can just put them on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts