Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid, Limited, Blizzard Pearl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my running list of transient issues I've had in 2 weeks of owning this vehicle. Have started a case with Toyota re gas tank, have had the dealer reset the battery for entune issue (now I have more issues). Seems like every day is some new annoying computer/Bluetooth issue. Oh and my phone is a Samsung note 10 plus.

20 miles in the tank left and it only took 10.6 gallons (14.5 g tank)
Range goes down way faster than actual miles traveled. Went 100 miles and range went down 150 miles

Tried using Android Auto (since entune doesn't work) music constantly interrupted by the car saying it's calling or getting a call from me a dozen times until I shut off Bluetooth.

Temp has switched to Celsius multiple times for no reason.

Seatbelt in back middle seat alarm going off when 2 people were back there.

Lurches when gas engine starting especially when cold, runs pretty rough too

Nav voice sucks, says it doesn't understand me despite having done voice training twice.

Toyota app won't work since battery reset. Uninstalled and reinstalled ?

Entune suite app even though connected, non stop alert on screen saying I need to connect it. I say ok, it comes back on over and over ? SDL seems to link and unlink.

Any solidarity or insight appreciated!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi, sorry you are having all these issues in your car. It definitely sours a new car experience. Luckily every single one of them have been covered in lengthy discussions so if you use the search function, you can get some more information about the latest fix or workarounds for them.

Reactions: 2020 Snowflake

·
Super Moderator
10,374 Posts
Insight? You ain't happy and likely won't ever be. Only headaches and heartaches ahead.
Actions: Keep taking it back to Toyota for repairs. Check your Lemon laws. Consult an attorney. Ask for a buyback.

·
Registered
2019 XSE
859 Posts
Have you run your VIN to see if you need an new engine? I'm not kidding,

Here's my running list of transient issues I've had in 2 weeks of owning this vehicle. Have started a case with Toyota re gas tank, have had the dealer reset the battery for entune issue (now I have more issues). Seems like every day is some new annoying computer/Bluetooth issue. Oh and my phone is a Samsung note 10 plus.

20 miles in the tank left and it only took 10.6 gallons (14.5 g tank)
Range goes down way faster than actual miles traveled. Went 100 miles and range went down 150 miles

Tried using Android Auto (since entune doesn't work) music constantly interrupted by the car saying it's calling or getting a call from me a dozen times until I shut off Bluetooth.

Temp has switched to Celsius multiple times for no reason.

Seatbelt in back middle seat alarm going off when 2 people were back there.

Lurches when gas engine starting especially when cold, runs pretty rough too

Nav voice sucks, says it doesn't understand me despite having done voice training twice.

Toyota app won't work since battery reset. Uninstalled and reinstalled ?

Entune suite app even though connected, non stop alert on screen saying I need to connect it. I say ok, it comes back on over and over ? SDL seems to link and unlink.

Any solidarity or insight appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Insight? You ain't happy and likely won't ever be. Only headaches and heartaches ahead.
Actions: Keep taking it back to Toyota for repairs. Check your Lemon laws. Consult an attorney. Ask for a buyback.
Have you run your VIN to see if you need an new engine? I'm not kidding,
I haven't done that yet. Just do it on Toyotas website?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got this email, anyone else ? "Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid, Camry, Camry Hybrid and Lexus ES300h and 2019-2020 RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid vehicles equipped with 2.5L 4-Cylinder engines. Porosity in the engine castings may result in cracks than can allow coolant to leak internally and/or externally."

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just got this email, anyone else ? "Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid, Camry, Camry Hybrid and Lexus ES300h and 2019-2020 RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid vehicles equipped with 2.5L 4-Cylinder engines. Porosity in the engine castings may result in cracks than can allow coolant to leak internally and/or externally."
Are you asking about the recall or the email?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have most of the worst issues you describe, except I can only get in 9 gal from DTE <20. Welcome to forum. Someone will be here soon to tell you:
  • you didn’t research hybrids enough. The ICE lurching on loudly is apparently normal.
  • don’t worry about DTE, you shouldn’t expect to rely on it. This might confuse you because it has worked in every other car you’ve owned, and in rental cars, but now you’ll be learned up.
  • don’t complain because at least your new car drives you in a forward direction to where you are going. Apparently any other new vehicle from any of the big brands is riddled with so many defects that there is no viable alternative to your RAV. Just enjoy the aspects of your RAV that do work and maybe buy a book on cognitive behavioral therapy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn! I'm really depressed now ?! I'm gonna bitch and moan to Toyota as much as I can. This is all bullshit and unacceptable for a $37,000 vehicle. If we don't make noise, no one will ever hear us!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have most of the worst issues you describe, except I can only get in 9 gal from DTE <20. Welcome to forum. Someone will be here soon to tell you:
  • you didn’t research hybrids enough. The ICE lurching on loudly is apparently normal.
  • don’t worry about DTE, you shouldn’t expect to rely on it. This might confuse you because it has worked in every other car you’ve owned, and in rental cars, but now you’ll be learned up.
  • don’t complain because at least your new car drives you in a forward direction to where you are going. Apparently any other new vehicle from any of the big brands is riddled with so many defects that there is no viable alternative to your RAV. Just enjoy the aspects of your RAV that do work and maybe buy a book on cognitive behavioral therapy.
This really is hilarious and you nailed it to a tee. Now I cannot wait until the "get-over-it" forum members start gaslighting in this thread too.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Someone will have to say it...

IT'S a GREAT car, I LOVE it..

GET over it...

Cry to Toyota....

Do your research, and ask do a test drive.... ( better yet, get a 3 day test drive )

Don't purchase a new model year car during the first or second year, to get all the engineering kinks out...

tell it to www.NHTSA.gov,

Don't like the car...
Trade it in after 3-5 years....

And BTW... I have the very same car.
2019 Blizzard, limited, with ALL option packages....

I hate the UN-LIT drivers buttons..... feels cheap for a $40 K car...
Replaced the buttons for $45 ....
Now it's Great...

PS::::
You are making a major purchase.
The dealer is transferring ownership ( TITLE )
from them to you.

Your not buying a hairdryer on Amazon...
Or a Cheeseburger with a hair in it...
ie. You can't return a new car purchase ( easily )
Do Your homework...

I love the car, will keep it for 10-15 year.... Easy.....
fan a flame.jpeg

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have most of the worst issues you describe, except I can only get in 9 gal from DTE
Someone will also complain that you did not do your research about how this forum works. That you did not use the search function. That you created an unnecessary post. That all of these complaints are minor inconveniences not deserving a new thread.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
We have a 2020 Ray Hybrid Limited which was made in mid November. We took delivery on January 3rd, 2020. Our Vin isn't in the recall so far. I test drove a number of cars before ordering our Rav. I also test drove a gas Rav and chose the hybrid. I'm the only driver and have put almost 1K miles on our Rav. So far I like it and have had no problems. I guess you could call me crazy because we're thinking about replacing our leased Highlander Limited with a 2021 RavH Limited. I've replaced some lights with LED's and will probably replace the window switches with lighted ones. Other than that I have no problems with our Rav and would buy it again. I guess I'm just not discerning enough.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I hate the UN-LIT drivers buttons..... feels cheap for a $40 K car...
Replaced the buttons for $45 ....
Which UN-LIT buttons?
Did you replace them yourself?
Where did you buy them?

Is it possible to replace the un-lit buttons for the overhead "map light"?

Thanx

·
Registered
537 Posts
Which UN-LIT buttons?
Did you replace them yourself?
Where did you buy them?

Is it possible to replace the un-lit buttons for the overhead "map light"?

Thanx

Post 236 has a good photo..
Its like $50 at BAM

Takes 15 minutes to upgrade it... rav4_lighted_switch.jpg

I "think" the boys have not found an acceptable solution for the Passenger side light yet...
they have tried Corolla, Prius, No Joy...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts