Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
So I have a 2002 Rav4 and something is wrong with it.
There is an about 1 foot long metal and rubber bar that has corroded on one side and now is dragging along the ground when I drive.
It is not the skid plate, as told to me by Jiffy Lube, but a bracket used to give extra support to some sort of tank, but very little support given that the tank is bolted in and this is literally dragging on the ground with no effect.
It is on the passenger side just toward the front of the car of the rear wheel.
I have tried securing it with rope, bungee cord, etc. My next go-to is zip-tie. But if that won't stay either can I safely drive it if I dislodge it off myself?
Jiffy Lube would not do it for liability purposes because they were not sure what the tank is but they also said it might fall off by itself, so can I just do it and save my self the annoyance of the scrapping sound?
I have to drive 8 hours home from school to take it to my mechanic so I can't take it in before then.
Insights, please and thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
9,442 Posts
Text a picture to your mechanic for advice.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
It sounds like the charcoal canister bracket is corroded off. The only thing I can think of is using something temporary to hold it up. Maybe a leather belt with holes drilled ? Don't know if you have any metal brackets you can bend and drill out. Maybe a metal ruler? Maybe a strap that is strong from a bag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts