Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2010 Rav4 and wanted to buy a new set of front rotors and brake pads set for front and back. Its costing me $224.21 for 1 disc alone at the company. Ebay has a front set for $165.00 with pads.But the store is telling me because my van is RHD its different and there is no way to tell.
Question 1 would it be different from LHD ?
2 does the rotor disc have the part number on it ?

P.S my model is Base Japan built without 3rd row seating.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
I believe there are only two rotors available, one for the V6s like mine and a smaller diameter for the I4s. The 3rd rows may use the larger ones but I doubt LHD or RHD makes any difference. I ordered mine from Summit Racing on eBay and got the smaller ones in error. After calling about it they exchanged them and paid for the return shipping.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
is it possible to re-surface the rotor?
I'm sure that's possible but the ventilation slots on mine were totally clogged with rust. I spent a whole lot of time digging and pounding it out after which I decided I should have just replaced them. :wall

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dr. Dyno there are 4 different rotors
Part numbers are
435120R010 (Base & Limited model;Exc.japan Built) 2.5L
435120R020 (Base ,Limited & Sport ;Exc.Japan Built;3rd Row seating) 2.5L & 3.5L
4351242040 (Base,Limited & Sport ;Japan Built; Ex 3rd Row seating) 2.5L
4351202250 (Base ,Limited & Sport;Japan built;3rd Row seating) 2.5L & 3.5L

p.s I was trying to order part # 4351242040 but the guy at toyotascion (online) is saying he can only look up parts for US market but he does not have any way to check if they are the same.Toyota does change the design from region to region so it would be best for them to be gotten from the Rav4's originating region.

Is there any difference with LHD and RHD ?

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So from my understanding if it does not specify it's the same.
Thank you so much Dr.Dyno
P.S I think the guy from ToyotaScion should have known this !

·
Registered
268 Posts
If they don't specify it in the listing there can't be any difference.
But he said the parts place is looking up in a USA market parts listing.That would not show differences for other parts of the world.

OP really needs to get a part number from a local source and then compare to USA specs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Normkol local source does not give out part numbers I tired they want me to pay $224.21 for 1 disc. All I really wanted to know is if 4351242040 US (Base,Limited & Sport ;Japan Built; Ex 3rd Row seating) 2.5L is the same as mine because mine is Japan built base model RHD. Thanks

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts