Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

PO138 code

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  daboy 
#1 ·
Three standard warning lights came on..4WD, check engine, and slip. Threw a PO138 code. Local mechanic replaced this O2 sensor. Lights back on after 30 miles driving. Codes cleared with battery unhook and diagnostic computer. Code still reads. Lights back on. No other codes shown. 2011 RAV4 sport 4 cylinder Mechanic wants to replace another O2 sensor not showing on diagnostic. ???

#2 ·
Yeah, it's been reported on other threads when you get P0138, the real culprit is the A/F sensor, which is Bank 1 Sensor 1 located upstream of the catalytic converter. If that's what your mechanic says, he's probably now on the right track.

#4 ·
I have the 2.5L engine in my 09, but the location looks to be the same as your 2007 2.4L engine. The B1S1 is to the right of the heat shield as you face from the front of the car. Best overhead shot of location is at about 3 minutes into the video you posted. There may be some differences in my engine as there are a couple of mounted wire routing holders that may be different than yours, which is not covered in this video. I took off my heat shield making it easier to work and route the wire. Overall, same job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.