Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the main complaint that I notice on a daily basis is the fuzzy/not clear screen on the nav screen.

Interestingly, I recently noticed that while wearing my polarized sunglasses that if I rotate my sunglasses 90 degrees, that the screen seems much sharper and easier to view. Is there a chance the screen that Toyota has used on my Rav4 is placed at a polarized wrong angle? I mean, anyone who uses polarized sunglasses will instantly get a fuzzier image, as opposed to someone with non polarized sunglasses or no glasses at all. I just assumed my sunglasses were too dark for the loss of clarity, but now I see that the polarization is in conflict.

I wonder if toyota would repalce the screen?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I highly doubt that Toyota will see that as a manufacture defect. I've had a similar thing on a dodge I had. If I used polarized sunglasses I could not read any number on the ac display. they just disappeared.

·
Registered
26 Posts
LCD screens work by polarizing light. It is inherent in their function. Any polarized glasses will be a problem with a LCD screen. Not a defect just physics. I doubt they will agree to turn the screen for you.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,096 Posts
I think the moral of this story is to not wear polarized glasses while driving. The LCD display isn't the only thing effected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nav screen glare

Related to the screen. Anyone find a shade or cover so you can see the nav screen when sunlight hits it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts