• Doc Fees < $200

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of poeple are telling me that when a dealer puts advertising fees and finanace reserve fees, they are doubling up on charges that equal to them pure profit.

For those whom have bought their Rav4's, there are many of us that still haven't bought one yet. I would like to save as much possible on this car. And with ya'll help i might be able to save up to $500+ !!!

In my last post, mkaresh said that i shouldn't even have to pay for holdback. Finance reserve and advertising fees should only be around $300- $400.

Most people say $500 over edmunds, which includes the destination fee is a fair amount to pay....

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just took a Fitzmall printout and added their doc fee of $49 and the taxes. I negotiated then only an "out of the door" price based on these figures. I had to spend a little more, but therefore I did not have to travel down to Maryland either and they included the transfer of the title as well. The dealer assigned the numbers their way after that!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to pay NONE of these fees. The only fee I paid was destination of $605. :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Me too. I paid NONE, ZIP, ZILCH. I paid destination, $650. tax $1,703, and the cost of a new tag $165. Unless they are hidden in the $24,470. invoice for a ltd, V6, 4X2. Vehicle and options were priced at cost, plus $1,000. But it worked out to be less than that because I got the sunroof for $227. Cuz, the vehicle I got did not have the tow prep package, and I further screwed them out of a full detail in six months or so. In my very best prognostication the time to deal is: Now! Spring is here, and all these hot new competitors to the RAV4 are just waiting to spring into action. Waiting to make their debute. I had soooo much fun this last go around, I'm almost willing to sell my RAV and do it one mo time. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
No extra fees here, just sales tax and destination charge. One thing I did get extra, and was a pleasant surprise at no charge was the JBL sound system. My dealer intercepted an out of state RAV 4.3 for me with all my options and color - with the only exception being the JBL pkg which was not included in the price. :D

OC

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
inlets wrote:
Did you get a full detail? Cool
Do you mean detail as in polishing, waxing paint, treating vinyl, leather & carpets?? Nope, only one guy does detail work on my rides, and that guy is yours truly! :wink:

BTW - you get my PM on the link for bra/hood protector? Sorry if I got your hopes up for nothing - still keeping an eye open though. Try the 3M - you'll like it except for the price!! :roll:

OC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts