Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced a poor quality stereo in the 2016 RAV4 SE? The stereo in my 2013 was so much better than this 2016 model SE. It sounds muffled and very unclear. The other problem that's driving me nuts, is the volume MAX is so low when using Bluetooth. It's only at a volume that's mediocre, and I would think MAX means deafening. Very disappointed and not a happy customer with this stereo issue. Besides that, I love the vehicle; but will not be buying out the lease at the end of this one. So sad and disappointing. :crying

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I turn the volume to max on my phone to get good volume on Bluetooth music, worked for me on my 2015 Limited and the Hybrid, both JBL.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I turn the volume to max on my phone to get good volume on Bluetooth music, worked for me on my 2015 Limited and the Hybrid, both JBL.
Yep, that's what I do too.

And make sure you do it again after you reboot your phone; my Samsung gives me a warning about playing stuff too loud that I have to confirm before it will let me max out the media volume.

Even after doing that I still have to raise the volume for streaming BT audio to the 16-24 range depending on the podcast which is still waaaay higher than I need to put it for radio or Sirius. But, I only listen to podcasts in the car so it's not that big of an issue.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone else experienced a poor quality stereo in the 2016 RAV4 SE? The stereo in my 2013 was so much better than this 2016 model SE. It sounds muffled and very unclear. The other problem that's driving me nuts, is the volume MAX is so low when using Bluetooth. It's only at a volume that's mediocre, and I would think MAX means deafening. Very disappointed and not a happy customer with this stereo issue. Besides that, I love the vehicle; but will not be buying out the lease at the end of this one. So sad and disappointing.
I also have a 2016 RAV4 SE with the Etune Premium JBL Audio. I Bluetooth my iPhone 6s and I subscribe to Apple Music. I set my phone's volume to its highest setting, turn off the phone's EQ, adjust the RAV's treble/bass/mid settings to high and all I can say is the music sounds great. I have the 11 speakers in 7 locations (go figure that out!) and when I crank up the volume in the RAV, it is loud and certain songs even rattles the rear view mirror. I will be in traffic and the image in the rear view mirror is shaking to the beat of the music. You can even feel the vibration on the doors too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Honestly I think it depends what it's paired to, I have the LE model which I think has the same stereo unless you have the JBL, I previously had an Samsung S5 the sound was okay, but on my new S7 I find I have to turn it up some and it's muffled like you said, I have to turn the volume down on the S7 so I can make the sound louder, however I find it not loud enough at times, however my old trusty iPod Touch playback sounds much better through the USB.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've given up both USBstick and bluetooth (from XperiaZ5premium, hardly a low end phone sound system in that, FLAC able) and bought myself a Nano that takes almost 600 tunes in Apple lossless format and gives me Album Art. Entune without JBL in my R4H.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts