Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the clicking or popping sound that so far I have only heard while playing music through the usb port. I have only tried a flash drive, no ipod. Clear on the radio and did not notice it on the cd but I have not played much on cd.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I've tried a ton of different "solutions" to this issue..........
None of which provided a permanent solution....even tried re-encoding to a couple of different bit rates.

Since I've installed my sub-woofer and separate amplifier I don't seem to notice it near as much and it's almost a non-issue any longer.
Maybe because I have the music louder now?? ;)

I tried the dealer route and they couldn't duplicate the issue.....big surprise there. :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've tried a ton of different "solutions" to this issue..........
None of which provided a permanent solution....even tried re-encoding to a couple of different bit rates.

Since I've installed my sub-woofer and separate amplifier I don't seem to notice it near as much and it's almost a non-issue any longer.
Maybe because I have the music louder now?? ;)

I tried the dealer route and they couldn't duplicate the issue.....big surprise there. :cool:
Did you try the above?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2013 RAV4 with base stereo. I am having the same issue when playing through USB flash drive. Haven't noticed it yet with CD or radio. After reading this tread, I wish I had known about this issue ... it may have been the thing that tipped my decision toward opting for the upgraded stereo system. I will call Toyota and add my complaints to the list. I will also talk to the dealer, but don't expect much, given what I have read here.

UPDATE:

I took the car into the dealer to replace the USB port. Made no difference. The mechanic said it worked fine with his iPod and said that I shouldn't use the flash drive or it will ruin the USB port!?! I told him I thought that was incorrect, and that a lot of people use flash drives with no problem -- and I have 2 SanDisk flash drives (one new) and they both do the same thing. He said it is probably a different kind of USB and I shouldn't use it?! Isn't USB a standardized format? And isn't SanDisk the leading manufactuer of flash drives? Anyway, they weren't much help. :-(

·
Registered
26 Posts
crackling/popping noise on 2013 Rav4 Fujitsu Ten Headunit

I'm experiencing the same issue on my 2013 Rav4 XLE with display audio. I found out the headunit is manufactured by the electronics company Fujitsu Ten. Whenever I am listening to my iPod classic via USB with my iPhone connected to the headunit via bluetooth at the same time, I hear the crackling/popping sound. If I shut bluetooth off on my iPhone, the crackling goes away. I have re-produced this problem on two different vehicles with the same headunit. I have even tried disconnecting my iPhone as a bluetooth audio player and only leaving it connected as a handfree phone - same problem! I've also re-produced the problem with a Samsung cell phone and an iPod Touch. It's definitely an issue with the headunit software which STILL has not been updated. The panel number on the bottom right of the headunit is 100067. Apparently Fujitsu and Toyota have not released a software update for this unit yet. What's the point of having bluetooth handsfee calling if you get poor sound quality via USB whenever you use it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
UPDATE: The dealer replaced the entire headunit and the crackling issue is still there. It's definitely software related. Toyota and Fujitsu Ten, the manufacturer of the unit, still have not released a software update for the unit. Perhaps they have not received enough complaints. Many other model units have been updated though. Whenever I am listening to my iPod classic via USB with my iPhone connected to the headunit via bluetooth at the same time, I hear the crackling/popping sound. If I shut bluetooth off on my iPhone, the crackling goes away. If my iPhone is disconnected as a bluetooth audio player but connected as a handfree phone - same problem with crackling noises! I've also re-produced the problem with a Samsung cell phone and an iPod Touch. The panel number on the bottom right of the headunit is 100067. Has anyone else complained about the issue?

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have noticed this issue many times, and just thought it was an issue with my speakers, although I know that they shouldn't have blown this soon, as my Rav4 isn't even a year old, and I never blast it too loud. However, as has been mentioned in this thread, when playing the radio, I can blast it as loud as I want, and I have no issues. I'm going to try playing music from my iphone via usb, with bluetooth turned off and see what happens. I have a service appointment tomorrow, and I'll see what they say there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone been able to get this issue resolved? I'm on my second headunit and I still have the crackling/popping noise when my iPod is connected via USB and Bluetooth on my iPhone is on. The headunit in the 2013 Corolla does not do this but I have been able to re-produce the problem on 2 different 2013 Rav4s (same manufacturer - Fujitsu - but different model headunits).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried searching for the particular problem I have on the forums but I couldn't really find a decent answer so I was hoping I'd have better luck with a thread of my own. My problem is on music playback (usb,bluetooth & cd only) there is an audible popping/crackling noise. Odd thing is that on radio playback there is no such noise at all. If any one can diagnos and maybe suggest a solution it would be much appreciated.
It’s anytime you plug in ACCESSORY
CHECK THE GROUND CABLE

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.