Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proud owner of a brand new Rav4 XLE HV and was looking to buy a few additional items for keeping in my car for just-in-case scenarios. I was looking into a portable jumpstarter kit and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations?

The GOOLOO 600A Peak Portable Car Jump Starter on Amazon has great reviews and is 12V. Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Costco sells a lithium jump pack by WinPlus. not as high amperage, but has been working well for me, and the price was worth it. great to fit in the glovebox, and has USB charger options

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Costco sells a lithium jump pack by WinPlus. not as high amperage, but has been working well for me, and the price was worth it. great to fit in the glovebox, and has USB charger options
How long does yours tend to hold a charge? 3-4 months before it begins to dip?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've only had it about 4 months, and i use it when i'm flying so it gets charged occasionally.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,089 Posts
There's almost no call for a jump in a HV, because the 12v battery does not crank the engine. If you accidentally run it completely down you might need a jump/ Nuy at most you only need a few amps to start the HV systems.

·
Super Moderator
11,096 Posts
I agree with rdgrimes. All the 12V battery in a Hybrid (including my Accord) does when starting is run the ignition system so one of those compact lithium jumpers would do easily.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,089 Posts
I've seen stories of people starting a Toy HV system using 8 "D" cell batteries. We do see reports from people leaving lights on overnight or the like. But unless the 12v battery is old it should come back enough to start the system if you just leave it to rest for a hour or two. An older battery run down like that is probably toast.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Proud owner of a brand new Rav4 XLE HV and was looking to buy a few additional items for keeping in my car for just-in-case scenarios. I was looking into a portable jumpstarter kit and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations?

The GOOLOO 600A Peak Portable Car Jump Starter on Amazon has great reviews and is 12V. Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch!
Gooloo is notorious for failures, I’d look elsewhere
Which car jump starter is best? This one! Best in the world for 2020 and why! Carnage Tools CTA26.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I carry a small $20 12v air compressor - had a bad experience once by having a flat due to a small leak and the spare not being inflated properly - all while far away from home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts