Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping that people would share positive aspects of their Toyota RAV4. I Purchased my RAV4 XLE hybrid in about four weeks ago (I was really impressed with the salesman and dealership, it was a good experience) and wanted to accentuate the positive about my new vehicle. I really enjoy the way it drives, the aesthetics of the vehicle, how well it handles snowy conditions, how comfortable the car is, excellent mileage that I’m getting even in very cold conditions, the wonderful stereo system, excellent safety features, incredible amount of room and flexibility of folding rear seats, and the overall quality of the vehicle. I also wanted to share an image of the car after giving it its first wash and wax. Finally the weather cooperated.
EB6D4F9D-6B27-4474-BD06-E4D2F8BFA7C7.jpeg

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Here's a few things that I really appreciate. Excellent fuel economy, great radar cruise control, comfortable and warm heated seats (unventilated), decent appearance (compared to other generation RAVs), Safety Sense features, and the smooth transmission.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a few things that I really appreciate. Excellent fuel economy, great radar cruise control, comfortable and warm heated seats (unventilated), decent appearance (compared to other generation RAVs), Safety Sense features, and the smooth transmission.
I also have the heated seats and heated steering wheel package on my car. I can’t believe how much I really enjoy them and how well they function on a cold morning particularly the heated steering wheel. I also enjoy the updated cruise control system, I’m a real big fan of it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Agreed. Cold weather package was a worthwhile add on these last couple of weeks.

Reactions: marokero

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
112 Posts
Cold weather package definitely 😁 And the AWD on the hybrid is pretty good on bumpy, iced over dirt roads.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like both the interior and exterior looks of my XSE, black interior with blue stitching. black headliner and pillars. Great fuel economy, suspension and handling in snow.
What I don't like is unreliability: I never know if it will start in the morning. Battery dead multiple times, I had both TSBs done that addressed the issue and my battery still dies. Dealership finally replaced my battery, time will tell if that solves my problem. Counting the battery problems, the gas tank replacement, control arms recall, I've ended up at the dealership like 10 times for the past 12 months. Not cool to do so in the midst of a raging pandemic. Overall, I'm happy with the car (when the battery is not dead), but I feel that Toyota rushed big time to launch this model, without first sorting out the issue mentioned above. Toyota reliability was the main reason I bought this car (my first new car), this far that didn't work out so well for me. I know, they are working on coming up with solutions to the issues, but I also think they are taking their sweet time to do so.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4h Ltd 🇯🇵
2,354 Posts
Am I the only one that appreciates the conventional gear-shift lever (not push button).
Nope. I am in that bucket as well. The "turn dial"/ Push Button is annoying to me. I get it...cheaper. But...I don't like it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Am I the only one that appreciates the conventional gear-shift lever (not push button).
Yes, great point. Those little dials or buttons are horrible. With the dials, people have been seriously injured because they didn't know if they were in park or not.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Really enjoying my RAV so far...but that isn't hard coming from an 08 Scion tC. The headlights are so much brighter! I have so much more room to haul my band equipment to shows. The heated seats, heated wheel, and all weather floormats have been great so far during this winter.

The auto brights, lane assistance, adaptive cruise control are nice on longer trips.

·
Registered
2019 XSE
1,193 Posts
The Gen 5 Rav Hybrid is a overall good design. 38 MPG combined or so is an insane number for a vehicle of this size, height, AWD, and shape. It is comfortable, quiet, effortless power, smooth, the drivetrain is proven, and the controls & interior are thoughtfully designed. The main negative issues are the body hardware things that may fail down the road such as the roof rails leaking, the hatch hinges, and other weight/costs cutting measures that were taken with this new design. Only time will tell if "body hardware" will be the low point of this vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like both the interior and exterior looks of my XSE, black interior with blue stitching. black headliner and pillars. Great fuel economy, suspension and handling in snow.
What I don't like is unreliability: I never know if it will start in the morning. Battery dead multiple times, I had both TSBs done that addressed the issue and my battery still dies. Dealership finally replaced my battery, time will tell if that solves my problem. Counting the battery problems, the gas tank replacement, control arms recall, I've ended up at the dealership like 10 times for the past 12 months. Not cool to do so in the midst of a raging pandemic. Overall, I'm happy with the car (when the battery is not dead), but I feel that Toyota rushed big time to launch this model, without first sorting out the issue mentioned above. Toyota reliability was the main reason I bought this car (my first new car), this far that didn't work out so well for me. I know, they are working on coming up with solutions to the issues, but I also think they are taking their sweet time to do so.
I figure a lot of the problems you are having are because it’s a 2019 (first year of production). I do hope your dealer has straightened out all your problems with the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Gen 5 Rav Hybrid is a overall good design. 38 MPG combined or so is an insane number for a vehicle of this size, height, AWD, and shape. It is comfortable, quiet, effortless power, smooth, the drivetrain is proven, and the controls & interior are thoughtfully designed. The main negative issues are the body hardware things that may fail down the road such as the roof rails leaking, the hatch hinges, and other weight/costs cutting measures that were taken with this new design. Only time will tell if "body hardware" will be the low point of this vehicle.
What’s the problem with the hatch hinges? Also I have not heard about the leaking roof rails.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Really enjoying my RAV so far...but that isn't hard coming from an 08 Scion tC. The headlights are so much brighter! I have so much more room to haul my band equipment to shows. The heated seats, heated wheel, and all weather floormats have been great so far during this winter.

The auto brights, lane assistance, adaptive cruise control are nice on longer trips.
I had a 2015 tC and man sometimes I miss that car and never traded it in but I love my RAV4. The tC though the headlights were awful but u put LEDs in them and they were bright after.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I love my 2021 RAV4 LE gasoline.

I added leather seat covers from clazzio, put in a Rockford Fosgate p300-10 subwoofer, put on a DIY leather wrap steering wheel cover, and put on rims since I hated the steel wheels and covers.

I have no complaints about the vehicle minus the oem wheels being cheap and Toyota should stop using them.

Oh I also tinted the front windows

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
112 Posts

I added leather seat covers from clazzio, put in a Rockford Fosgate p300-10 subwoofer, put on a DIY leather wrap steering wheel cover, and put on rims since I hated the steel wheels and covers.

I have no complaints about the vehicle minus the oem wheels being cheap and Toyota should stop using them.

View attachment 163652
Careful if you ever come to New York. That’s a ticket for sure to have dark tinted front passenger windows.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Careful if you ever come to New York. That’s a ticket for sure to have dark tinted front passenger windows.
We have that law here in California as well but they never pull me over because of my disabled plates. In California they recently passed a law if you tint for medical reasons then they can’t ticket you and one of my prescriptions says avoid exposure to sunlight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

View attachment 163652
Looks fantastic. Major improvement. I would like to see an image of the leather seats, they must look great.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts