Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm looking to possibly become a first time RAV4 owner.

I'm very interested in a V6 model and this one has my eye at the moment.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/681545034/overview/

58k miles and seems to be in nice shape. No major past issues that I can see on the service reports.

Is this a good buy? I plan on test driving tonight after work, so what should I look for?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought an 08 last week with the V6 and loved it, it's a pretty quick car... we bought it with next summer camping season in mind, the room and the capability of towing a small trailer or boat was what sold me on it.

I think you're safe with the 09, after 09 most of the quirks in the V6 and the car itself were worked out. I just couldn't find one nearby with low km and great condition, the 08 was the closest one under 150,000km I could find... everything else was a good drive away and mostly over 150,000km and of course more money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought an 08 last week with the V6 and loved it, it's a pretty quick car... we bought it with next summer camping season in mind, the room and the capability of towing a small trailer or boat was what sold me on it.

I think you're safe with the 09, after 09 most of the quirks in the V6 and the car itself were worked out. I just couldn't find one nearby with low km and great condition, the 08 was the closest one under 150,000km I could find... everything else was a good drive away and mostly over 150,000km and of course more money.

That's great to hear. I've been searching for a vehicle for a while and the unique power/size combination of the V6 Rav4 has really interested me.

I'm glad you like yours. Mine will be a daily driver and will also be used to haul my German Shepherd + other stuff around.

·
Registered
9,027 Posts
Suggest going to www.toyotaowners.com, registering, and entering the VIN (posted on the cars.com website) to retrieve records of services, repairs, recall work, etc. done by Toyota dealers. With that mileage that RAV is barely broken in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts