Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

461 - 471 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice! I am hoping to get some All Terrain tires at some point. Also a college kid haha. I've got the silver rav4 up above on this thread. Not sure if you saw it or not. I've done a few more things since that picture. There are a few more pictures just for fun View attachment 153042 View attachment 153043
Where did you get the tire decals made?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2006 RAV4 and looking to put BFGoodrich all terrain tires on it, specifically the KO2's. I currently have road tires size: 235/55R18, what is the biggest size I could go without any suspension modifications. Trying to make it look as beefy as possible with simply putting the biggest tires possible without any rubbing. View attachment 150127
I am looking to put KO2s on as well and from my understanding you can go to 225/65R17 with them. It will make the odometer off I believe but I know someone that did it

·
Registered
586 Posts
I am looking to put KO2s on as well and from my understanding you can go to 225/65R17 with them. It will make the odometer off I believe but I know someone that did it
Hey Dan, 225/65-17 is the factory size which will match the speedometer setting. Did you mean another size?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone that replaced their factory wheels with aftermarket, did you also need to replace the factory lug nuts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone that replaced their factory wheels with aftermarket, did you also need to replace the factory lug nuts?

Hi! I did have to replace the lugs but was 40 bucks at autozone. Depends on the wheels you get because the stock lugs work if they fit in the rim. I needed a little narrower of a lug but still the same thread

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi! I did have to replace the lugs but was 40 bucks at autozone. Depends on the wheels you get because the stock lugs work if they fit in the rim. I needed a little narrower of a lug but still the same thread
Sounds like I may have to do the same, with the factory lugs being quite large.

·
Registered
586 Posts

It depends on the wheels and nuts you started with. If you had the factory aluminum wheels and the nuts with the washers (on some 4.3 models) then you may need to change the nuts, as the washer and flange are likely too large for most aftermarket wheels. Likewise if you started with the “acorn” style chrome nuts used with the 17” steel wheels, you cannot use these with some factory aluminum wheels. I had to get a set of washer nuts to go with my Pontiac Vibe wheels (Toyota style). If buying new, your retailer can help you with this. You can also remove a single nut when you arrive and take it with you.

461 - 471 of 471 Posts