Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just joined so that I could pick your collective brain about some issues for a new Rav4 owner--actually I don't own one yet, but hopefully Thursday I will!--and I hope eventually I will be able to contribute something myself when I gain some knowledge and experience.

The reason I want to get a Rav4 is that I have been driving a ginormous Ford Thunderbird V8 for the last 10 years, and it really no longer meshes with my lifestyle. It also won't smog, so that is a strong motivation to buy something nicer :) I like going out to the mountains around western WA for hiking and snowboarding, so a rear-wheel drive V8 has been less than ideal for a long time. Although I love the Thunderbird and I wish it had made it to 200k miles (it's done 195k so it did awesome for a Ford), I think it's time to move on.

I'm currently waiting until Thursday to get an inspection on a used 2011 Rav4, and if there are no glaring issues at the inspection I will be transferring it over to my name in a couple of days. It's white, and I have always wanted a white car, so I am excited. Plus just not having to drive something which may die at any moment will be nice... I guess I got used to the feeling of, "Will my car make it home today?" but it will be nice not to have that worry :)

Anyway, sorry in advance for asking stupid questions that have already been answered, and I will try my best to use the search function! It seems like you have a nice forum here, and I look forward to learning about these nice little cars

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Which engine? The V-6 is quite the Hoss and will surprise you big time.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Add to RTexasF's V6 suggestion, if it also has AWD that would be beneficial for your intended use.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I had a thunderchicken once...had the 302 in it with a posi...loved that car...if the rav has the v6 it will blow the Thunderbird out of the water...good luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts