Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First problem since new.

I have a 2015 RAV4. the power back door won't open or close when I hit button on remote or switch in the vehicle.

I check the power door switch in the glove box. It's in popped out position. And I check the fuse too. They are all good. When I hit power door button or switch, two short beep sounds, then nothing happens.

Hoping anyone could help if it's an easy fix.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is rear window ajar? The rear window on my Highlander Hybrid was left unlatched once and the rear door stopped operating. Took a long time to diagnose that one.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
It's not totally unheard of for those lift gate struts to fail. Some here have had to have them replaced under warranty.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,772 Posts
Is rear window ajar? The rear window on my Highlander Hybrid was left unlatched once and the rear door stopped operating. Took a long time to diagnose that one.
The RAV4 does not have an opening rear window.

·
Registered
36 Posts
been over this on a cupple new ravs lately...

this is the steps i use to get these pesky lifts to work again

1. sit in the vehicle
2. lock the doors with to door button
3. unlock doors
4. start the car
5. stop the car
6. hold the button inside the vehicle lower left of steering wheel to raise the power liftgate

if it dosent do it
go outside and press the outside button on the rearliftgate to get it unlached
pull it slowly to raised possition and hold the button (the closing button inside) for 3 secs until u hear the beep
then press that button again

this has done the trick on most ravs, if it dosent try to press the button in glove box

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. It's working now. I disconnected the battery for while. Then reconnect it. Power back door works fine now.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Couple of things to keep in mind:

The doors must be unlocked for the dash switch to open the rear gate.

If the key is in the ignition and in the "on" or "acc" position, nothing will open the rear gate. Dash switch, remote, or exterior button. Likely a safety to prevent it from being opened accidentally while driving, would be nice if it would open when in Park... sometimes want to keep the engine and AC running and just have a quick open/close for a passenger.

Also note:
If you get out of the car and lock the doors, then open the gate with the remote, this action UNLOCKS ALL of the doors.
The doors do not automatically relock when tou close the gate.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Also note:
If you get out of the car and lock the doors, then open the gate with the remote, this action UNLOCKS ALL of the doors.
The doors do not automatically relock when tou close the gate.
But there is a smaller button on the hatch that will lock the doors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I'm practically new in this forum. I have a 2015 Rav4 Limited with the same problem, liftgate is not working. I had an accident and the other car hit the liftgate and I had to replace it. Wire and buttons were good but when I try to open it from the dash or with the SmartKey it does not do anything. I have a scanner and I got this code "B2250 - All Doors Unlock Relay Circuit Failure". I've tried disconnecting the battery, pressing the button on the glove box. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks and blessings to all who reads this message!

·
Registered
36 Posts
DTC B2250 - Trouble areas - Back door lock assembly, Harness or connector, Multiplex network door ECU.

does the door beep and go out of lock? and then stops, or nothing at all?

we have replaced a lot of the door ecu's...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problem Solved!

DTC B2250 - Trouble areas - Back door lock assembly, Harness or connector, Multiplex network door ECU.

does the door beep and go out of lock? and then stops, or nothing at all?

we have replaced a lot of the door ecu's...
Nothing at all...

Well apparently there was a "common ground" (located in the left quater panel) that was causing the malfunction of the back door. Also, there was a wire that was a little bit bitten.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power lift gate not working: tried all recs

Thanks guys. It's working now. I disconnected the battery for while. Then reconnect it. Power back door works fine now.
Which battery did you disconnect? Nothing I am doing is fixing my rear lift gate problem. Thanks for help.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,772 Posts

·
0 Posts
Just had my 2 hatch lift cylinders replaced.. It was going up only 70% of the way. I did a reset, and it would work 1 or 2 times then back to 70%.. When I tried to close it, it would go down 2 or 3 inches then beep twice, then another 2 or 3 inches and beep twice.. Glad I have an extended warranty...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take it back to the Toyota dealer. There is a recall/service campaign:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/123-4-4-general/247226-power-liftgate-service-campaign.html
Dear JuneBug,

I have the Power Rear Door ECU Recall Notification for my 2016 RAV4 Limited. I usually buy a Shop Manual with every new vehicle - not so much to tell me how to fix something, but what to avoid. Printed new RAV4 Shop Manuals or CDs are hard to come by.

After years of working on them, I finally gave up and let the dealer service my last 6 new cars. I've recently installed a new subwoofer behind the rear seats and the amplifier sits on a removable piece of foam on top of the spare. If The ECU isn't inside the rear door, under the dash, or in the engine compartment, I'd like to know where it is - in case I have to remove something.

I've called dealer service to tell me. I'll also look for an Illustrated Parts Breakdown. Until then, can you or anyone tell me where the rear Power door ECU is located?

Thanks,

Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks rd,

If I'd had the sense and looked, several other members had already posted the info, One posted a streaming video of the 2015, 2016 door-mounted module. I did find a Parts Breakdown, but it wasn't very clear.

What's funny, after I bought a 2015 Forester, I bought a Shop Manual CD. It didn't have Blind Spot or Rear Cross Traffic Warning. I was designing my own and the late nights on the computer were killing me, so I traded it, with only 1,100 odometer miles, on the 2016 RAV4 Limited that has everything, including the Birds Eye display, which should become mandatory ASAP for us old geezers. But the RAV4's high end JBL subwoofers wouldn't reproduce my favorite classical 16 to 20 Hz organ notes (see the"anemic bass" thread). Hence my rear deck subwoofer and after-market amplifier.

My Best,

Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's an active recall at least for the '16. Don't know about other years. Just had a part replaced on mine on a recent maintenance call.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts