Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 2002 rav4 that I recently changed the door lock actuator on the driver's door because it was not locking. Problem was solved and working fine for about a month. Now there is an issue where when I press the lock button on the hand held key FOB the car will lock but then the driver's door will unlock it's self right after locking. When this happens, If I open the driver's door the car alarm goes off. All other doors stay locked. It doesn't have this problem all the time. 3/4 of the time it works correctly. Also, if I am in the car and lock it by pressing the lock button on the door, the red alarm light on the dash arms it's self (normal) but when I unlock the car using the button on the door the alarm stays armed and will go off if I open the door unless I hit the unlock button on the key FOB. Any thoughts or suggestions as to what is causing this would be extremely appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
You need to adjust the rod to the actuator. It is slightly out of position by a little bit and is moving sometimes thinking it is open.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to adjust the rod to the actuator. It is slightly out of position by a little bit and is moving sometimes thinking it is open.
Where would I adjust the rod? From the point where it connects to the actuator?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Where would I adjust the rod? From the point where it connects to the actuator?
Yes. You need to bend the rod in a certain angle and be sure to test it out. I can't remember but there may be a thread somewhere that may have pictures showing how to do this.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ive been living with a faulty driver door actuator for 5 years now. I tried several different adjustments for the rod during actuator replacement but to no avail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts