Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a xse hybrid and am wondering if anyone has retrofitted the power folding mirrors onto one? And if so what's involved?

That's the one feature I wish this vehicle had.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Interested in this as well. Hard to believe Toyota would not make this feature available to the North American market. Is it simply replacing the mirror housing, or is it much more involved that that?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered it optimistically, I did the hatch light kit from them. Assuming it’s the same generally, I expect the kit to be high quality but with absolutely no instructions. I’m hoping by the time it arrives there will be a video or two on YouTube explaining it

·
Registered
25 Posts
I notice in the pictures that there is another switch for the dash, probably by the heated steering wheel and dash light dimmer area.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don’t have any blank buttons so I’m counting on the button pad being compatible, looks square to me on both

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Rav4
36 Posts
I ordered it optimistically, I did the hatch light kit from them. Assuming it’s the same generally, I expect the kit to be high quality but with absolutely no instructions. I’m hoping by the time it arrives there will be a video or two on YouTube explaining it
Please let us know how the quality and install is. I’m extremely interested in picking this up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I talked with them and confirmed they send instructions with this kit. Also, coupon code CT10P is active

·
Registered
25 Posts
I looked at my mirror switch and it is square. It looks like the kit switch is based off the older designed switch like the one my 3rd generation had.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got my kit in the mail. There are printed instructions for the wiring, but no instructions for the mechanical part.

As well, the kit didn't come with the armrest button as shown originally in the photos (they seem to have removed it). Not sure what to do now, since my Limited doesn't have any blank buttons.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just got my kit in the mail. There are printed instructions for the wiring, but no instructions for the mechanical part.

As well, the kit didn't come with the armrest button as shown originally in the photos (they seem to have removed it). Not sure what to do now, since my Limited doesn't have any blank buttons.
I did this mod on a different car, usually there are 3 screws/bolts hodling the mirror assembly to the base.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That looks perfect -- I wish my electrical knowledge was a bit clearer, as I'm not sure exactly how to change over the wiring from the button provided to the replacement switch. The provided button connects to their little box, which I assume monitors the current position of the mirrors, and signals to the button whether or not it is folded. The OEM buttons appear to be more of a switch with three distinct states. I'm not sure if this would be compatible with the aftermarket kit, which expects one button to open/fold/toggle automatic settings.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts