Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, first post. We have a 2016 limited with the power liftgate which is having issues. When you open it with the key fob or the button on the lift gate itself, the door pops open a few inches then just stops and beeps. if you try to open it manually once it has popped open a few inches, it is very very hard and will open another inch or so and start making cracking noises where I assume the power struts connect to the liftgate or chassis. I can shut it without much problem. I have already replaced the liftgate multiplex ECU as I saw that was a common issue, however that did not solve the problem. I have also tried the manual reset procedure along with going through the settings on the instrument panel with no luck.

Does anyone know if the dealer needs to do a reset and relearn with a dealer special service tool/computer? Or does this sound like it might be one of the power struts? If it's the power strut, how the heck do I get this liftgate fully open without breaking anything, as I'm concerned due to the cracking noises when I pull up on it hard?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I can do the work myself but I'm concerned about getting the liftgate open and really don't want to take it to the stealership. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts