Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my 2007 rav4 side mirrors don't work they quit working...i thought it might be a fuse so i checked the fuses under my left knee...i don't know which one it is so i checked the ones i think might be it and all were good...does anyone know which fuse it is exactly...and if not the fuse how else can i test it..i was going to probe the side mirror control myself but don't know how to pull it off...any help fixing this is appreciated...

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
7.5 amp"ACC" fuse #9 under the instrument panel.

These are all on that fuse: "Audio system, power outlets,
power rear view mirror control,
automatic transmission shift lock
system, main body ECU, clock,
smart key system"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything works but the side mirrors if the fuse is blown thne the audio, clock...wouldn't work right but they do...and is this for the 2007 rav 4 your looking at..

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,568 Posts
everything works but the side mirrors if the fuse is blown thne the audio, clock...wouldn't work right but they do...and is this for the 2007 rav 4 your looking at..
If the fuse is good it must be the switch. To remove the panel, stick your hand into the little cell phone cubby hole and wedge it in there real good, then yank the panel up and out. You might have to try it a couple of times, but mine popped out easily. If not pry it out with a plastic tool. Check the plug on the switch. If you have a voltmeter, check for voltage on the plug. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ran into this problem and finally got around to addressing it tonight. I was just about to click "buy it now" on ebay to order a new switch when I decided to follow JuneBug's advice and pop out the switch panel. It is just as easy as said above to pop it out. I didn't have a voltage meter, but I wanted to check to make sure that it was still plugged in. It appeared to still be plugged in, but I un-plugged it and re-plugged it in just to be safe and make sure of a secure connection. Afterwards it still didn't work, but I'd still recommend at least doing this step in trouble shooting if nothing else works.

Now that checking the plug on the switch didn't fix my solution I knew I had nothing to lose and was getting ready to order a new switch so I decided to "mash" the directional control buttons. I do not mean slam or smash them. I just pushed down on them firmly in a circular motion "grinding" them around. I did the same with the left/right switching going back and forth. IT WORKED! Both mirrors are fully functional.

My best guess is that the switch got "stuck". Hopefully, I'll get lucky and the switch won't completely fail soon, but even if so it won't be a big deal now that I've been into the "guts" of the panel. If my solution above doesn't work, don't give up! You can buy a new switch on ebay for $15 and it can be easily replaced in 10 minutes with no tools or technical knowledge. You'll see how easy it is once you pop the panel out using JuneBug's advice above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed mine weren't working the other day while backing out of an unfamiliar driveway and wanting the right mirror a little lower. After reading this I went and checked the switches, which I really never mess with much... turns out the left-right switch just needed some exercising to get everything going again. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts