Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
So I just bought a 2004 toyota rav4 sport edition for my wife. Sweet car the only thing (in my opinion) that is missing is a rear sliding window that is power like the 4runners. I think that would be pretty sweet. Has anyone attempted it? Does anyone know if there is any room for the window to slide down or does the tire take too much room? Thought it would be pretty sweet and seeing if it is possible to customize it to work. All thoughts and suggestions welcomed. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Even if you had the money, power windows will not work because the spare tire indentation cuts into the door.
And even if you chose a manual flip-up window, the spare tire will still be in the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if you had the money, power windows will not work because the spare tire indentation cuts into the door.
And even if you chose a manual flip-up window, the spare tire will still be in the way.

So what your saying is there is no possibility to do this? You think it would cost a lot of you could? Why can't there be more room made?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It all comes down to how much you're willing to spend. If you had no limits on spending, I'm sure you can find a modification shop that will do it successfully.

The window itself is curved. Making a curved window retractable requires a lot of room to hide it, and that stock rear door is too thin to make that happen. You may as well have a body shop make you an entirely new door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts