Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Rav4 Sport
8.5k miles

Everything was great driving home from work yesterday...i got about 20 miles and then stopped to fill the gas tank. After i got back in and started it up i noticed the turning was a little tough, almost like if you had a flat tire, i went out and looked, no flat tire. I got back in and noticed teh P/S light on. Looking this up its for the Electrical Power Steering system. I turned the RAV off, waited 30 sec, started up, still had the P/S. I drove about another 30 miles home. Got up this morning went out and started it, no P/S and the power steering is working great....

care to explain? I had a appointment this mornign to drop it off, but i might not not. They wouldnt give me a rental for free :(

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think that there was some discussion about the electric power steering and that the motor is shutting off when too hot. I wonder if this could have been the reason?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm

weird, because Like i said, i drove a short distance, it was cold/rainy out. Hasnt come back on yet.

Then again, this is the risks you take with everything electrical.

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
They can read the trouble code that was set when the P/S warning was on just by hooking up their scantool, maybe they'd do that for you without having to leave it and they'd know whether there is a bigger problem and schedule it for service at a more convienient time.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
nduda78 said:
2006 RAV4 Sport
8.5k miles

I got back in and noticed the P/S light on. Looking this up its for the Electrical Power Steering system.
Was there any audio buzz when the P/S light came on or did the fault indicator come on without any sound to call your attention to the indicator light :?:

The reason I am asking is it seems that the only fault indicator that has a buzz alert is the damn seat belt is not fastened indicator.

You would think Toyota would program an audio sound when ever ANY fault indicator was turned on. :wall

1 - 6 of 6 Posts